PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

clayof2day is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800) - PRE-ALPHA (not yet usable)

Great progress, good to hear it! These new kernel packs are being used with the XANDROID build correct?
Old 01-08-2010, 01:53 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayof2day View Post
Great progress, good to hear it! These new kernel packs are being used with the XANDROID build correct?
I think it's called XDANDROID, actually, but yes. the Eclair build that babijoee's putting together on xda-developers.

And the kernel I just uploaded with what seemed to have battery status... doesn't. It's reporting something via the battery status... but I think it might just be temperature.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Yibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good work

Thanks for the AMAZING work!! for the 1/8 build to i just replace the modules or the zimage file as well?
Thanks
Old 01-08-2010, 02:17 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You always have to update the zImage and modules together, since the modules are linked to that specific build. (I learned this the hard way.)
Old 01-08-2010, 02:27 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehweh View Post
Just noticed that SMS sending works but receiving doesn't.
Sending and receiving both work for me; just confirmed this. The latest XDANDROID eclair build does have some sort of 'sms fix' rolled into it. Check that out and see if it fixes your problem.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

testing now!
Old 01-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

ok well it booted up alright. went to click on the android and the phone rebooted lol. i'll keep updating this post.

boy this one is touchy. so it booted again, for some reason it boots into landscape mode when you have to tap the andorid. tapped on him and it went to portirate mode to tap on some stuff then back to landscape and finally back to portorate once booted.

i booted haret in the middle of a call to test the mic but when i called my phone to test it it rebooted back to winmo again. i can't seem to get this build to run for more than a minute.

Last edited by hamagc; 01-08-2010 at 02:51 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:42 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

Donut or Eclair? I recall some folks saying that the first boot is pretty unstable under these eclair versions... after the first few boots it might settle down, I'm not sure. I haven't had much trouble at all with it.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Yibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good work

Is there a good utility to format the sd card so that they are compatible? I have an 8 gig that works well that's never been formatted but a 2 gig that i've reformatted doesn't work at all. they are both fat 32.
Thanks for the help.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

wehweh is just getting started

I couldn't recieve SMS on the 1/7 Eclair build even with the new system.sqsh. Maybe after a couple more reboots it'll work, I've noticed that about these builds :P

But seriously, good work. Hell, I've seen more stuff getting done in the past month than over the entire rest of the course of the project.

EDIT: Tried again with today's zImage, worked like a charm. Mic works with the call trick but facebook doesnt .

Last edited by wehweh; 01-08-2010 at 05:50 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux