PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inmnbob View Post
Where can I download the latest version of Android for the Sprint Touch Pro? Thanks in advance for your help?
XDAndroid supports many devices, including the RAPH.

I built a fairly up-to-date package (Nov.20) here. From there you can feel free to update your kernel if you wish. There's some testing stuff floating around, plus GlemSom's autobuild service is currently down... So it's not the most updated either, last kernel on his site is Dec.04 at the time of this post.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: alltel

solcam is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Anyone having problems with this port working on alltel/sprint touch pro (same specs) after you open the keyboard (the slide keyboard) my navigation buttons no longer work. I have been using the touch pro 2 rootfs on mine and it works SOMETIMES. It gets really annoying having to reboot after sliding the keyboard open just to search on the market. Or am i missing something? Please help. I really like the sliding keyboard as it is waaayyyy faster to type stuff than the on screen keyboard.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:45 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

FRX04 is out folks, get it while it's hot!
Old 01-22-2011, 05:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6850
Carrier: worker

xj1288 is a n00b

try again,thanks!
Old 01-22-2011, 04:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch dual
Carrier: Telus

rodenti is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOL1075 View Post

I've had a few stability problems, here and there. The main problem I have is sometimes the buttons (except for the power button) on the phone start to act ONLY like the "hang-up" button (which is subsequently the "sleep" button).

So, usually,

Home = menu or whatever
Phone = call
Back = back
Hang-up Phone = sleep
Power button = wake-up/home screen

but now (and more often than not after using for a little bit):

Home = nothing - seems to try to select items
Phone = nothing - seems to try to select items
Back = sleep
Hang-up Phone = sleep
Power button = wake-up/home screen

Also, it does not illuminate when I touch those buttons when it is in this condition (the capacitive led response ceases to work)

I'm assuming it has something to do with the way the OS communicates with that part of the hardware (the capacitive buttons)

Any ideas? Anybody know how to "reset" the button assignments without a reboot?

Thanks again for all your work!
Has anyone been able to figure out the problems with the front buttons on the CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)?

I have a Telus Touch Pro and it boots Android wonderfully, but I have only intermittently been able to get the front buttons to work, and occasionally the Back and Hang-up button puts the phone to sleep as described above instead of their normal functions.

Are there any hardware keyboard shortcuts that I can use in place of the front buttons? (ie. especially the back button)

Last edited by rodenti; 01-22-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro

bubzdc2 is a n00b

This seemed like the best place to ask, I've searched to no avail. Is there currently any soulution to get data and mms working on metro pcs with any of the touch pro android ports.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubzdc2 View Post
This seemed like the best place to ask, I've searched to no avail. Is there currently any soulution to get data and mms working on metro pcs with any of the touch pro android ports.
On Sprint, sending works but receiving does not. I'd bet you could get the same out of Metro, with the right settings... But I don't use their service, so I can't tell you for sure.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA (Sprint)
Carrier: Iusacell

huleeyo is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to huleeyo

Hi, I have Energy Rom 26 Jan29007 with the last version of XDAndroid FRX04 and I have only one big problem, the battery is killed in five or six hours of use.

Any ideas to increment the life of the battery with both (windows mobile, android)?
Old 02-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by huleeyo View Post
Hi, I have Energy Rom 26 Jan29007 with the last version of XDAndroid FRX04 and I have only one big problem, the battery is killed in five or six hours of use.

Any ideas to increment the life of the battery with both (windows mobile, android)?
There's a silly issue with older devices, the panel is never properly powered down - we just set the brightness to 0 so it appears off. Obviously this isn't the best method, but we don't know how to properly collapse the panel on all these different devices. The RHOD is almost completely finished on this, and our battery life skyrocketed. So once the code is committed, hopefully some of the devs can hack it apart and make it work on other devices.

Until then, the best way to save battery is to turn off data (there's an app called APNdata or something... search for APN in the market) - and obviously any other radios when they're not in use like wifi, bt, gps, etc.

Also, this is probably the most important - make sure the device is actually going to sleep when you turn it off - sometimes apps or other issues can prevent the phone from properly sleeping, which will obviously drain your battery quickly!
Old 02-07-2011, 11:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA (Sprint)
Carrier: Iusacell

huleeyo is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to huleeyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
There's a silly issue with older devices, the panel is never properly powered down - we just set the brightness to 0 so it appears off. Obviously this isn't the best method, but we don't know how to properly collapse the panel on all these different devices. The RHOD is almost completely finished on this, and our battery life skyrocketed. So once the code is committed, hopefully some of the devs can hack it apart and make it work on other devices.

Until then, the best way to save battery is to turn off data (there's an app called APNdata or something... search for APN in the market) - and obviously any other radios when they're not in use like wifi, bt, gps, etc.

Also, this is probably the most important - make sure the device is actually going to sleep when you turn it off - sometimes apps or other issues can prevent the phone from properly sleeping, which will obviously drain your battery quickly!
Thank you for your answer.

I have been turning off all the networks (bt, gps, wifi) and I am working with the less level of brightnes.

But I think, I have a issue, when I turn to sleep the touch pro in android, the circle on the pad turn on. Like when charging the battery in windows mobile.

Another quiestion:
If I close HTC Sense 2.5 and other app in Windows Mobile, can I save battery in Android?

Last edited by huleeyo; 02-07-2011 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Another question

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux