PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 02:10 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

One suggestion: Keep it plugged in. :-p

Another: Buy a couple extra batteries -- they're only like $5 on ebay. And you'll be draining them so deep and so often, you wouldn't want any that cost more.

Unfortunately, past that, there's not really any good advice to be had. We need some really smart embedded device hackers to take a whack at power management, and the cdma radio's power management in particular... and we haven't had them.

Wish I had a better response to give you.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

fierygod is a n00b

Over on the XDA side, there is an experimental build of Froyo for multiple devices that many people have reported back has been doing much better on power management than even the latest current stable that they have.

Makk, I think you may want to take a look over on the XDA side and possibly add the latest build in over here for those who may not have accounts over there (or don't want them for whatever reason). It seems to be pretty stable, but with a few more added features that are still missing from this build, as you would see on the first few posts of the thread there.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:53 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierygod View Post
Over on the XDA side, there is an experimental build of Froyo for multiple devices that many people have reported back has been doing much better on power management than even the latest current stable that they have.

Makk, I think you may want to take a look over on the XDA side and possibly add the latest build in over here for those who may not have accounts over there (or don't want them for whatever reason). It seems to be pretty stable, but with a few more added features that are still missing from this build, as you would see on the first few posts of the thread there.
Makk still follows this thread cuz he's awesome, but in reality he doesn't really boot this anymore. Do you dude?

The fixes are actually for battery status. Unfortunately the battery life isn't a whole lot better, if it's any better... but the battery meter is much more accurate now. I wouldn't say it's perfect, but actually guys with RAPH's had some of the best experiences.

This improved code got pushed by acl last night, so the autobuild service now has the new kernel for all to try.

FYI, you don't have to register @ XDA to get the updated batt status code. You don't have to register for anything to download from glensom's autobuild service. I posted the kernel in all the Android sections on PPCG and XDA for our phones - I didn't post it over here cuz there's no Android-specific section for the RAPH
Old 10-06-2010, 02:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)
Carrier: US Cellular

chrialex is becoming a great contributor

Yeah, Makk is awesome, but for cross-forum update awesomeness, not many people can beat arrrghhh...
Old 10-06-2010, 07:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

fierygod is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Makk still follows this thread cuz he's awesome, but in reality he doesn't really boot this anymore. Do you dude?

The fixes are actually for battery status. Unfortunately the battery life isn't a whole lot better, if it's any better... but the battery meter is much more accurate now. I wouldn't say it's perfect, but actually guys with RAPH's had some of the best experiences.

This improved code got pushed by acl last night, so the autobuild service now has the new kernel for all to try.

FYI, you don't have to register @ XDA to get the updated batt status code. You don't have to register for anything to download from glensom's autobuild service. I posted the kernel in all the Android sections on PPCG and XDA for our phones - I didn't post it over here cuz there's no Android-specific section for the RAPH
Ahh, I wasn't aware that the code for the new kernel had been pushed through to the autobuild service. As for your question of still booting the version Makk has on the top post, I did up until about 3 days ago when I saw that the guys over at XDA released a "Final" version that looked like it had a little more working in it. I admit that the version they posted isn't much more than this one, but it has been a little bit more stable than this release, at least for my phone. Thanks for the correction on it actually being the battery status that was more accurate. I thought I had mentioned that, but I was in a rush when I was typing that and must have missed that.
Oh and for the part about the accounts over at XDA, I was always logged on automagically when I visited the page so I always figured that it was an attachment to one of the threads that he just linked to. As I have just tested that theory (and proven myself wrong!) I see that you do not need to be logged in with an account to DL the AOSP file from them.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ok, kind of off topic, but my wife just went from my old MotoROKR to my old HTC 6800, but now wants to get one that can run Android, or at least a better smartphone. I currently still have my Touch Pro, which works great with the latest files, but haven't been able to find another for under $200. Anyone have any ideas of where I can get a decent Touch Pro (RAPH800) or another that will run this without too many issues, at a cheap price? I have checked Ebay and Amazon, but no luck for cheap. Thanks!
Old 10-07-2010, 06:19 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I've pretty consistently seen Touch Pros and Diamonds for ~$100 on Craigslist (that is, when I see them at all -- they've gotten rare lately), and Heroes and Moments for <$150.

But there's probably more smartphones on craigslist here than in small town Wisconsin.

As far as xdandroid, since moving to a real android device I don't really ever run it anymore. I keep an old beat-to-hell Diamond around as a backup phone, but it's almost always in my nightstand with the battery out.

If someone else wants to pack up a new build, I'll stick it in the first post -- I feel bad that I haven't put one together myself in so long. This little spot's getting left behind in march toward progress. :-p
Old 10-08-2010, 07:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Yibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrialex View Post
Ok, kind of off topic, but my wife just went from my old MotoROKR to my old HTC 6800, but now wants to get one that can run Android, or at least a better smartphone. I currently still have my Touch Pro, which works great with the latest files, but haven't been able to find another for under $200. Anyone have any ideas of where I can get a decent Touch Pro (RAPH800) or another that will run this without too many issues, at a cheap price? I have checked Ebay and Amazon, but no luck for cheap. Thanks!
I'll happily sell you my touch pro. PM me for pricing and stuff
Old 10-08-2010, 11:31 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

I'm guessing it's harder to find a phone on US Cellular. I don't know if you can flash phones to them or if they restrict ESNs. But this is all pretty far afield.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

As far as I know they don't restrict ESNs, as long as it is a RAPH800 and you have the numbers under the battery, it should work from what I read when I was looking at mine before I got it.

(BTW, check your inbox Yibrushn...)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux