PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2010, 02:53 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggoodin View Post
Anyone got any tips for preserving the battery? I have the extended battery and can barely get 9 hours out of this thing with normal use. I'm already killing all the background apps.
I'm pretty sure that killing the background apps doesn't do much to help with battery life. Android is supposed to be pretty smart with moving apps in and out of memory, and killing them yourself just makes it work harder.

The biggest help would be to just put the phone in airplane mode -- but that's an obviously unreasonable solution. Next best is to turn off data sync and background data access (which is also unacceptable for me, but if you're willing, it should help quite a bit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by adenicol View Post
For some reason (and I thought it was because of the GenY which apparently it isn't) when I go to reboot my android OS I get a "Failed to Mount SD card" message about 4 out of 5 times. If I just keep trying to reboot, eventually it will boot but not after failing several times. I am booting from the haret.exe file and not the Gen Y and still having these issues. Any ideas?
Hmm. I'm not sure about this one. Clearly it's set up right if it manages to boot; it's possible the SD Card is just too slow to load, so it's not finding it. If so, adding rootdelay=5 to the cmdline (in startup.txt) might help. That's a shot in the dark, but give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipperyMonkey View Post
Hey All,

I've been trying to run Android for some time now, with no luck.
I tried the new AIO package, but still no luck. The boot up gets stuck @ the error message:

Code:
INFO: task rpcrouter:15 blocked for more 120 seconds.
Code:
INFO: task dd:81 blocked for more 120 seconds.
I've tried formatting, then copying everything again to my SD card again, but same error. I've tried a few config files, but it always comes back to this error. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
Those are not where the boot gets stuck. The boot got stuck right before that, and then 120 seconds later that message popped up. Most likely it got stuck at the sd card mounting -- reformatting isn't always enough, you might need to repartition with hp disk tool or gparted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfav2890 View Post
has anyone been able to get the htc keyboard to work with the port?
I haven't tried it lately, but I recall it working without too much trouble the last time I attempted it. Just drop HTC_IME_KEYBOARD.apk from the AndroidApps/Other folder into the base of AndroidApps/.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800

peterm20 is keeping up the good workpeterm20 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
Hmm. I'm not sure about this one. Clearly it's set up right if it manages to boot; it's possible the SD Card is just too slow to load, so it's not finding it. If so, adding rootdelay=5 to the cmdline (in startup.txt) might help. That's a shot in the dark, but give it a try.
Do you think this is why I get intermittent unable to mount SD Card messages? It doesn't work on a boot and if I try again it works.

I am thinking about dumping my TP for a moment, so I might be leaving you guys as well as ppcg since I don't think there is a samsung forum on here. I do really appreciate the work makkonen has put in to this project as well as the XDA guys.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

endless82 is just getting started

Really enjoying Android, builds are getting faster and faster. But I do have a few questions I'm unsure of.

First, is there a way to use a single folder for android? I read the faq and see that it was removed due to apps dumping funny. Is there a way around this?

Is there a way to backup your apps, and settings? At times after updating a few times, it seems the keyboard starts to act crazy. So I dump it all and reinstall. But kind of a pain to have to go to the market and grab everything again.

Is there a way to upload photos to facebook/myspace? Force closes when I try to view photo album for photos. Is that due to the cam issue?

Lastly I notice quite a few people have different startup's. Is there a guide to cmds that can be used, and what functions they serve?

I don't mind digging and reading on these things myself. But I find it hard to find the info. If ya could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Again thanks for the work, must say the TP is quite versatile due to the community.

Last edited by endless82; 03-23-2010 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Grammer
Old 03-23-2010, 03:35 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Single folder: Yes. Use /sdcard/andboot/. This is how the all-in-one package is set up.

Backup Apps: Yes. from the terminal, go to /data/app/ and copy out the .apk file for whatever app you want to save. These saved apps can be reloaded from the AndroidApps folder, or by using Astro to navigate to them and open them in the app manager.

Photos: I'm not sure. Try moving the Gallery apk from AndroidApps/Media to AndroidApps/. I'm not sure this will help. Photo handling might be just busted in this version. You could try the system.sqsh from TheBrilliantMistake's package at xda-developers and see if that works.

Startup.txt: There's a lot of fragmentation in these. Many of them have deprecated pieces that just haven't gotten cleared out. The one I have posted in the all-in-one package has pretty much everything necessary for general use (including dummy entries for rel_path and overclocking). I mentioned rootdelay a few posts ago, but I've never had to use that, and neither have most people, so I'm not sure how much attention it needs. There are a number of options to increase debugging info, but, again, those are not necessary for general use. Searching this thread for 'cmdline' might get you more that I can't remember right now.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro RAPH800

tfav2890 is a n00b

I have the HTC keyboard installed, but I select it as the input method and it never shows up.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

SlipperyMonkey is a n00b

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that killing the background apps doesn't do much to help with battery life. Android is supposed to be pretty smart with moving apps in and out of memory, and killing them yourself just makes it work harder.

The biggest help would be to just put the phone in airplane mode -- but that's an obviously unreasonable solution. Next best is to turn off data sync and background data access (which is also unacceptable for me, but if you're willing, it should help quite a bit).

Those are not where the boot gets stuck. The boot got stuck right before that, and then 120 seconds later that message popped up. Most likely it got stuck at the sd card mounting -- reformatting isn't always enough, you might need to repartition with hp disk tool or gparted.

I haven't tried it lately, but I recall it working without too much trouble the last time I attempted it. Just drop HTC_IME_KEYBOARD.apk from the AndroidApps/Other folder into the base of AndroidApps/.
Thanks for the help makkonen. I was using the AIO package. I formatted my SD Card, then copied the "andboot" folder to my SD card... not too sure what partitions you are referring to?
Old 03-23-2010, 04:25 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfav2890 View Post
I have the HTC keyboard installed, but I select it as the input method and it never shows up.
You are right. Same thing is happening to me. Pretty sure it worked before, so I'm not sure what happened. Maybe check the xdandroid thread and see if anyone else has reported a similar problem.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:27 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipperyMonkey View Post
Thanks for the help makkonen. I was using the AIO package. I formatted my SD Card, then copied the "andboot" folder to my SD card... not too sure what partitions you are referring to?
Boot again, and see if a line with

mmcblk0: p1 < p5 >

shows up before the boot hangs up. If so, your sd card is partitioned incorrectly, and needs to be fixed before it will boot. There's a mention of it in the FAQ on page one. If, instead, it says

mmcblk0: p1

then the card is partitioned correctly, and the problem lies elsewhere.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

endless82 is just getting started

Would someone be as kind to post a raph800 startup from the aio package. Im out in the boonies tethered to my cell and its worse then dialup. Thxs
Old 03-23-2010, 04:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

SlipperyMonkey is a n00b

Quote:
Boot again, and see if a line with

mmcblk0: p1 < p5 >

shows up before the boot hangs up. If so, your sd card is partitioned incorrectly, and needs to be fixed before it will boot. There's a mention of it in the FAQ on page one. If, instead, it says

then the card is partitioned correctly, and the problem lies elsewhere.
Thanks for the help makkonen

I see
Code:

Anything else to try?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux