PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 01:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

Seriously is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSeriously is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSeriously is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Replacement Won't Dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by num5kull27 View Post
good luck bro and if still not fixed,post the exact issue that you keep having
Quote:
Originally Posted by awol View Post
Hadn't heard of "flash dance" before, but a quick search said "flash to stock,HR,flash to custom rom,HR"...

All those steps have been performed in one fashion or another. But, I'll
give it a full try and report back.
Just a reminder that the HR your refering to (hard reboot) doesn't work on VZW units, wether they are running on Sprint or not. The only way you can do that is if you have a booted device that has the clear storage function. The button dance doesn't work on vzw phones.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-03-2010, 02:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

HR does work on VZN phones. it is the center button and the soft reset. press the center button strait down and hold without pressing either other way and press and hold the SR button and hold. it will come up with press vol up to restore to factory defaults.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Seriously is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSeriously is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSeriously is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
HR does work on VZN phones. it is the center button and the soft reset. press the center button strait down and hold without pressing either other way and press and hold the SR button and hold. it will come up with press vol up to restore to factory defaults.
Thanks your absolutly right....tried sev to do this and others read....you explination worked thou...

Thanks buttons pressed!
Old 01-03-2010, 11:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro,Mogul,Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

junior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to junior1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
Well I tried both but only the SD on Twisted and MaxDarkRoot....I think I should try a lower PP to see if that is the issue. Do you think that could be it?

that very well could be an issue , I dont know exactly what the details were but many of the energyroms have been troublesome for verizon TP because of their lowered RAM
Old 01-03-2010, 11:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

awol is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by num5kull27 View Post
good luck bro and if still not fixed,post the exact issue that you keep having
Since I had already flashed back to stock, I just did a hard reset, then reflashed the custom ROM, and did another HR. Seems to be working - thanks!
Old 01-03-2010, 12:06 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

Quote:
Originally Posted by awol View Post
Since I had already flashed back to stock, I just did a hard reset, then reflashed the custom ROM, and did another HR. Seems to be working - thanks!
glad your issue is solved friend!

Old 01-03-2010, 12:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well I think the answer is found. The vzw TP only has so much memory mapped for booting os....much like most divices....and because of the newer roms being mostly bigger and bigger .... a page pool of smaller and smaller will allow better boot. All that of course is just logical, but I never thought it wouldn't even boot. Seems that it will boot if pp set lower. On Lunacie's 'Lite' version I could boot with only 6mb pp, but not 10, 8 or 12.
Of course it is not very peppy.....lol

Anyway, thanks to all who helped, and especially for the hard reset info (I swear I looked at 2 or 3 Lonnnnnngggg threads arguing this point for vzw tps, and I personally could never get it to work).

So, short answer is: If the forkin thing won't boot, try ppchanger and bring down a notch or two....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
boot screen, custom rom, touch pro, verizon