PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2009, 04:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro2
Carrier: Verizon

IGGUS is keeping up the good workIGGUS is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Reflashing Sprint TP on VZW

So I've been trying to reflash my GF's TP which has been running a MightyROM for about 6 months now. We've tried most recently EnergyROM which we just couldn't get data to work.

Now after flashing back and forth to the Sprint stock, VZW stock, MightyROM and Energy, even voice doesn't work. Gives a message about 'America's Roaming Network' or something...

Anyway, I've been looking for the original thread about converting from Sprint to VZW and see how VZW's been blocking ESNs, etc. This shouldn't affect the TP which has been working, and I'm thinking there's something I've changed improperly in QPST or something... does anyone know where I can find this original info???

Yes I've been searching for days now so don't think this is a repost! Thanks!!

Last edited by IGGUS; 12-31-2009 at 04:51 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 12-31-2009, 05:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Sprint

lunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Reflashing Sprint TP on VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGGUS View Post
So I've been trying to reflash my GF's TP which has been running a MightyROM for about 6 months now. We've tried most recently EnergyROM which we just couldn't get data to work.

Now after flashing back and forth to the Sprint stock, VZW stock, MightyROM and Energy, even voice doesn't work. Gives a message about 'America's Roaming Network' or something...

Anyway, I've been looking for the original thread about converting from Sprint to VZW and see how VZW's been blocking ESNs, etc. This shouldn't affect the TP which has been working, and I'm thinking there's something I've changed improperly in QPST or something... does anyone know where I can find this original info???

Yes I've been searching for days now so don't think this is a repost! Thanks!!
The ROM has nothing to do with getting data to work. In order for that to happen there are some fundamentally different settings on the phone - public DMU key & MIP settings are different for the 2 networks, and ROMs don't touch those.

Also, the only way to really get a non-VZW TP on Verizon is to get them to add the MEID. Is that how you got her's on the network originally? If not, perhaps it's just coincidence that the services don't work, and VZW managed to close a loophole around the same time you flashed.

Since you're not getting voice services, I'm guessing that the MEID is not added. You can call VZW and ask them - it's one of the numbers underneath the battery...

If you did add the MEID then it should be pretty easy to clear up and get data working again, and perhaps a quick call to VZW will get the voice back on. Sometimes things get hung on their end.

The searches you'll want to do on forums here (and elsewhere) should include:

public dmu key
MIP settings (use epst or qpst for this)

I haven't done this in quite a while so I don't remember the exact steps, but the info is on this board.

If you did not get the phone's MEID added to the list on VZW, then you'll need to do that, and it can be a frustrating process since a large percentage of VZW employees have no idea how to do it or that it can even be done. You'll have to find one that both knows how and is willing to. DO NOT mention that the phone is Sprint branded.
Radio: 1.12.34F
Old 12-31-2009, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks....We got the phone on VZEW originally through the *228 x3 trick. Data/Voice everything has always worked since then even through the first

The big problem now is I then went through QPST and tried matching some of the settings from my TP2 to her TP1 (didn't change everything, just things that seemed pertinent). Of course I'm an idiot and didn't backup her previous settings before I overwrote them.

If anyone could run a QPST on their Sprint TP2 (now on VZW) and save the settings and send those to me? Or again, just point me to the original thread walkthrough of how to change all this over? I think I just screwed something up in QPST that's giving me this headache now.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:12 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Moved to the Touch Pro forum.

Old 01-03-2010, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Since I've found my thread in a new forum here, curious if anyone here knows where I can find the working settings for Verizon, likely what I would need in QPST.

The only thing that does not work now is the data, voice and txt work fine....

thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro