PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2009, 09:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dubhead is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Settings for wireless data service using Sprint Touch Pro and TomTom Go 720

Folks,
I have torn my hair out looking for the appropriate settings to use when pairing via Bluetooth a Sprint Touch Pro and a TomTom GO 720 GPS unit. Yes, yes I know the Touch Pro has built in GPS and all that but I use this TomTom in my wife's vehicle and keep my Touch Pro in my pocket . It does successfully connect via Bluetooth and can share my contacts and make and receive calls all through the TomTom GO 720...BUT...it won't connect properly for the wireless data services to work. Basically the TomTom unit is asking for some simple information to connect to the phone and initiate the #777 data call.

The real killer to all of this is that I have had this working almost a year and half ago with my PPC-6700 and don't remember exactly the settings I used. All the advice I have read (and tried!) in almost every nook on the net has indicated small variants to the following sequence in setup on the TomTom:

|TomTom asks: My response|
Select your country: United States
Select your provider: Other (Sprint/Nextel not listed in providers)
Do you want to set up your connection manually?: Yes
Access Point Name: (leave blank usually but have tried Sprint PCS, Power Vision, Sprint PCS Vision)
Username: (leave blank usually but have tried mysprintusername@sprintpcs.com and mysprintusername) where mysprintusername is my actual username
Password: (leave blank not sure where I would get this anyways)
Do you want to obtain your IP address automatically (DHCP) or do you want to set up your IP address manually: Automatic
Do you want to obtain your DNS server address automatically or do you want to set up your DNS server address manually?: Automatic
Dial: #777
Login script: (leave blank but I do seem to recall using a modem like AT script before to initiate the #777, maybe that is where I am striking out as everyone says leave blank)

TomTom GO 720 then tries to use these settings to connect to the data service via Bluetooth and then asks if I want to repeat the process.

I have looked in XDA dev forums and there is a similar thread on this topic with no answers for me that work. I think if we can get this solved here, we will be doing a lot of folks besides me a lot of good. I think a number of people were told that you just couldn't use the Sprint network through the TomTom GPS device which is a load of BS.

Thanks for any thoughtful input into this issue!!!

Cheers!
~Dubhead

XDA thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=314371
Old 04-20-2009, 02:35 PM
Lurker
Carrier: sprint

garpttsr is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to garpttsr Send a message via Yahoo to garpttsr
Re: Settings for wireless data service using Sprint Touch Pro and TomTom Go 720

hello,
i feel your frustration, my suggestion would be to use thw wmwifi software (posted in the applications area) and set your phone to just be a hot spot and have the tom tom connext to it via wi-fi or bluetooth. i have been experimenting with the software for about a week now and i am very pleased. it may be a good short term solution until you are given a more perm one.
ps: if i had been at home i would have posted the app, as it is i am on my touchpro right now.

hope this helps.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

setox is becoming a great contributor

any update on this situation? i was thinking about getting one and i want to sync up so the tomtom uses the traffic and i can use the tomtom as a blue tooth speaker phone... i got tomtom 7.915.9196 ( which i bought ) but it won't connect to tomtom home and i can't get traffic unless it connects to home for some reason
Old 06-19-2009, 09:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by setox View Post
any update on this situation? i was thinking about getting one and i want to sync up so the tomtom uses the traffic and i can use the tomtom as a blue tooth speaker phone... i got tomtom 7.915.9196 ( which i bought ) but it won't connect to tomtom home and i can't get traffic unless it connects to home for some reason
having the same problem.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6850

radiototal is a n00b

I had the same problem with sprint before ... call tech support from sprint and tell them your INTERNET doesn't work at all , give them the reason you getting error of wrong password and they gone guide you how to reset the password and have back your net working. I know is not nice to give them wrong informations but is the only way how to make them understand to get you back on the track
Old 07-11-2009, 03:05 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dubhead is a n00b
Unhappy Re: Settings for wireless data service using Sprint Touch Pro and TomTom Go 720

Still no one with any luck? I have tried a number of settings that I found here:
http://www.tomtomforums.com/tomtom-g...nt-phones.html

These do not seem to work either. I am wondering if it has anything to do with the fact I am using a custom rom? (KK's 1. I don't think that would necessarily impact this. I may try the WMWifiRouter option and see if I can't share my data connection via bluetooth to the TomTom but I don't know how I get the TomTom to see that data connection. Would really like to get it working the "traditional" way.

Let me know if anyone has had any successes.

~Dubhead
Old 07-13-2009, 11:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

keslongwood is a n00b

is there ANYTHING or ANYWAY to make these work together? I cann't even get to the screen where it asks for info on connecting to the internet. Everytime I pair them together, at the end it says that just the hands-free and phonebook are available. It won't even read my messages.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:00 PM
Lurker

JLPDA is a n00b

Trying to get wireless data service to work with my TomTom 720 also. Tried all the suggestions from numerous posts and threads. Saw something about disabling NAI. Also this thread... http://www.everythingwm.com/forum/71493-post8.html , but the Touch Pro doesn't allow for adding a new "Incoming Port".

Think I'll call TomTom and then Sprint for some assistance...although I'm not confident they'll be able to assist.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:23 AM
Lurker

matt17 is a n00b

I don't know if you guys were able to get it working, but the data connection works fine on my touch pro. I am using the Silence Rom with TomTom 6. I am able to receive traffic updates and everything.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

tom6433 is keeping up the good worktom6433 is keeping up the good work

it has been a while since i have tried to use this setup (syncing tomtom with TP) but i do remember getting fed up with it not working. matt17, can you provide any more information? are you using tomtom6 on your phone or are you connecting your phone to a personal navigation device?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro