PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   battery life (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=104066)

SPORTSMAN70003 12-31-2009 04:24 PM

battery life

I have the mightyrom6 install on my tp and I'm having terrible battery life. With the stock battery I get around 3 -3.5hrs even when I'm not really using it. I bought an extended battery that has helped but its still only getting around 6-7hrs. I found this

Prolonging your battery life
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\Battery]
"PollInterval"=dword:4E20 (hex) or 20000 (decimal)
Default is 5000 (decimal)

I went to the registry and looked and its set on 25000. Is there anything else I can do to extended my battery life?

Omega Blaze 12-31-2009 06:37 PM

Re: battery life

You can always turn your backlight down. Make sure you turn bluetooth off, wifi off, and data off when not in use. Look around the board for a couple of battery fix cabs aswell. Not sure if they work, but its worth a shot.

SPORTSMAN70003 12-31-2009 07:32 PM

Thats one problems as I have the data on so I can receive emails very 5mins. I make money on the net and need to be able to get my emails. I keep wifi and bluetooth off.

hamagc 12-31-2009 07:37 PM

i have noticed with all custom roms i have tried, the battery just gets sucked down.

i keep going back to the stock rom where i can get a full day out of my regular battery.

i too have data on all the time as i get my work email pushed to my phone. i also use the internet quite a bit. with custom roms, by the time i got home at night, my battery was dead. this way i get home with about half a battery.

titaniumgiant 01-01-2010 05:12 AM

do either of you guys have a desk at your office? why not throw in a charger at your office? plug it in about mid day and let it do its thing while getting a lil charge going?

SPORTSMAN70003 01-02-2010 10:00 PM

I went back to my [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\Battery] "PollInterval"=dword:4E20 (hex) or 20000 (decimal) and changed it to 5000 which is suppose to be stock and the battery lasted alot longer. At 6:15 am this morning my battery was at 80% and it lasted till 6:45 pm before the warning come on at 10%. So thats 12.5hrs :headbang:

Kerry Morrison 01-02-2010 10:16 PM

I had the guy at the Sprint store show me something that helped my battery life considerably. Apparently, programs continue to run in the background, sucking the life out of your battery. He showed me how to click into the upper right corner (where the three horizontal lines are) and that will show you which programs are still running. Click X to close them down.

Also, I had the weather on constant update...to keep checking cities I was interested in. Apparently it takes alot of energy...so change the settings to do a manual refresh.

Hope that helps.