PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2009, 01:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2
Carrier: Verizon

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow TP1 (VZ) with MightyROM6 Final Release - Opera bugs...

Hi everyone

I have been using the MightyROM6 Final Release for a couple weeks, and aside from the hard-reset I had to perform (posted about in detail) on Christmas day it has been very smooth.

However, the only other huge issue I have been experiencing is Opera use - ALWAYS running out of memory. I either get a pop-up on screen display "out of memory" or Opera repeatedly closes without warning and anything I was doing or working on is lost.

I tried adjusting the memory cache up to 9,000kb (slighty more than double the default) but still get memory pop-ups after literally 2 minutes of very light use with only ONE tab open. Plus, on the previous TP1 I had for a couple years, I never had to adjust any Opera setting and it worked like a dream

Is this issue normal, either for the version of Opera baked into MightyROM6 or MightyROM in general?

Are there any settings I can adjust, newer stable versions I can download of Opera... or other custom Roms that have been demonstrated as stable on the TP1 cdma?

Thanks so much!
August 12th... Droid-2! Still undecided; but leaning toward purchasing, as a phone to "tide" me over (according to great advice from ckeegan) until truly remarkable devices are released from Verizon fully operation on 4G networks in 2012!

Last edited by HTC Touch-Pro; 12-31-2009 at 04:39 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: TP1 (VZ) with MightyROM6 Final Release - Opera bugs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC Touch-Pro View Post
Hi everyone

I have been using the MightyROM6 Final Release for a couple weeks, and aside from the hard-reset I had to perform (posted about in detail) on Christmas day it has been very smooth.

However, the only other huge issuee I have been experiencing is Opera use - ALWAYS running out of memory. I either get a pop-up on screen display "out of memory" or Opera repeatedly closes without warning and anything I was doing or working on is lost.

I tried adjusting the memory cache up to 9,000kb (slighty more than double the default) but still get memory pop-ups after literally 2 minutes of very light use with only ONE tab open. Plus, on the previous TP1 I had for a couple years, I never had to adjust any Opera setting and it worked like a dream

Is this issue normal, either for the version of Opera baked into MightyROM6 or MightyROM in general?

Are there any settings I can adjust, newer stable versions I can download of Opera... or other custom Roms that have been demonstrated as stable on the TP1 cdma?

Thanks so much!
Did you adjust the pagepool to 6MB before you flashed? Noticed you have Verizon listed, so I assume you have the memory gimped model of the TP1 from VZW.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
Did you adjust the pagepool to 6MB before you flashed? Noticed you have Verizon listed, so I assume you have the memory gimped model of the TP1 from VZW.
Yeah its the crippled VZ version of the TP1 - isn't Verizon awesome!?

No, I didn't adjust the pagepool to 6mb before flashing; although I do remember seeing a program called 'Pagepool' in the zipped .exe file of MR6 - I watched the 4 part linked install featurette on installing MR6 but was confused about the entire pagepool operation or benefit.

If the Pagepool makes a huge difference in operation and speed, I can re-flash the phone and adjust those settings once I figure out how to do that for the VZ TP1, does this step take the place of the TP2 MightyROM Provisioning feature for updated WinMo 6.5 releases?

Thanks!
Old 12-31-2009, 07:12 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Moved to the Touch Pro forum.

Old 01-01-2010, 02:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Moved to the Touch Pro forum.
Thanks - I just posted in the CDMA upgrades category because I thought maybe it was something to do with MightyROM since the TP1 I had for a couple years before this new device ran perfectly without one hiccup that entire time (stock), and after Flashing to MR6 I have had to do a hard reset and can't utilize Opera for more than 3 or 4 minutes.

Are the memory issues I'm having really related to something called a "Pagepool" issue? I'm not sure how to modulate these settings, I never had to modify anything like this on my Touch Pro 2 which I also flashed to MightyROM and has been functioning much better than the TP1, although I also had to do a hard reset on that as well.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

reflash and change the PP to 6, 8, or even 10 and everything should run smoothly. i dont go higher than 10 and everything works as it should.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
reflash and change the PP to 6, 8, or even 10 and everything should run smoothly. i dont go higher than 10 and everything works as it should.
Great, thanks I will give that a try. I am making sure to back everything up to MyPhone before re-flashing. (Off topic real quick: When I backup using the same log-on info/account between 2 phones TP1 and TP2 both with 2gb+ micro-sd cards, does MyPhone know when it syncs between the two to put those files on the memory card?)

I will have to re-visit that Youtube tutorial on Flashing the MR6 and adjust the pagepool.

If I did want to take the TP1 back to Verizon factory settings, what noticeable differences and disadvantages would I suffer? Thanks again

PS: Do I page pool before flashing to a fresh MR6, or directly after with the phone still cradled/connected to the laptop?

Last edited by HTC Touch-Pro; 01-02-2010 at 11:46 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

shompec is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC Touch-Pro View Post
Great, thanks I will give that a try. I am making sure to back everything up to MyPhone before re-flashing. (Off topic real quick: When I backup using the same log-on info/account between 2 phones TP1 and TP2 both with 2gb+ micro-sd cards, does MyPhone know when it syncs between the two to put those files on the memory card?)

I will have to re-visit that Youtube tutorial on Flashing the MR6 and adjust the pagepool.

If I did want to take the TP1 back to Verizon factory settings, what noticeable differences and disadvantages would I suffer? Thanks again

PS: Do I page pool before flashing to a fresh MR6, or directly after with the phone still cradled/connected to the laptop?
You change the pagepool before you flash

All roms have a .nbh file that is preset with a certain pagepool. So you have to modify that .nbh file so that you can flash it with the correct pagepool for your device
So if you are flashing via SD card you have to make sure that you copy over the modified .nbh file to your card before you flash
If you are flashing from your usb port, then make sure that the .nbh file you modify is in the same directory as the update utility and that you modify it before you run the utililty

Last edited by shompec; 01-04-2010 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Had to elaborate
Old 05-07-2010, 10:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Trying to do this entire process again this morning after about 6 months, it's great having old posts to come back to. I am spoiled from the TP2 flash process which only entails hooking it up USB and clicking one button!

I am still a little confused about the ruu, nbh, and page pool, or if the only thing I have to be concerned about is changing the page-pool (which is one in the same as the nbh?) to 6, 8 or 10 BEFORE flashing and I should be alright(?).

EDIT: I have believe I understand once again, HA, it all came back... the .nbh is the actual ROM file that I need to select in order to effectively change the Page Pool in the Page Pool Changer Application, then select "Change To" and then "Close" and it has been changed for good on that specific (MightyROM6 for TP1 in this case) ROM

After changing the Page Pool... I simply click on the "Update Utility" and allow it to go into boot loader mode and then the progress update bar as usual, right?

Last edited by HTC Touch-Pro; 05-07-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid 2

outlaw.99 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to outlaw.99

Just get the Mighty Rom 4 and dress it up the way you want... Its very fast and stable... I couldnt find any low maintenance 6.5 roms ( resets and hangups even with PP adjust)so I hesitantly tried this version and loved it... I do run mine in TF3D mode so it doesnt look too different from the 6.5....

Not saying the other Roms werent good, I really liked Energy and a few others, but sticking with 6.1 on the TP1 is the faster and more stable platform..

I have my s2u2 and icons set like my iTouch so both of my devices are familiar...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MightyExtra.jpg (11.3 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro