PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 04:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: blackberry
Carrier: centenial

trex34 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Should I Buy HTC Touch Pro2?

I am considering ditching my blackberry and buying the HTC Touch Pro2 what's your opinion on the phone, would it be a wise decision?
Old 12-30-2009, 04:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael 800
Carrier: Sextel

RavenTBK is keeping up the good workRavenTBK is keeping up the good workRavenTBK is keeping up the good work
Re: Should I Buy HTC Touch Pro2?

You would fare better in the right forum, of which this, is not.

Try here.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97
Old 12-30-2009, 05:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

TPII is ok. what are you looking for in a cell phone?
Old 12-31-2009, 11:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trex34 View Post
I am considering ditching my blackberry and buying the HTC Touch Pro2 what's your opinion on the phone, would it be a wise decision?
is anything wrong with your touch pro? if not, and you have the extra money, I say go for it. My touch pro's keyboard kept going out, so out of frustration I bought the tp2 and I have been content with it.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 12-31-2009, 03:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

in the tp forum you will probably get responses that aren't too enthusiastic about the idea, in the tp2 forum you will get people who would bet their life on upgrading. the point is, you will have to look at videos and possibly see one in person to know.

I have a tp and tp2. I used to use both, but the larger screen and keyboard of the tp2 have made the tp experience unbareable - which is surprising because i used to love the tp. It's like going from a 40" tv to a 60"... after a couple months, that 40" will look tiny. I bought a tp2 for my bro for Christmas to replace his TP and he hasn't looked back either. IMO, it's almost impossible to regret the ugprade. The only thing i would consider is are you willing to give up the next best thing for it? If you're on T-Mobile... the hd2 is coming as soon as March 2010. Sprint probably won't get something till 2nd half of 2010. Not sure about Verizon.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

being a TP owner, there is no way i would "pay" for a TPII. the only advantage is more mem for the VZN phone because VZN crippled there TP's. the screen is a little larger and the TPII is a world phone but i have no need for a world phone. the screen and the memery arent that big of an issue to me. if something brakes on my TP i might push for a TPII but thats the only way i would get one. what other phones are offered by your carrier?
Old 12-31-2009, 03:47 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

i would wait,next month HTC is releasing 3 phones for sure one which is called the Tera which is just like a tp2 but rumored to be more powerful (ram and ect.) i got upgraded to a tp2 and i wouldn't have paid for it as long as it has been out,and the way new phones drop now days i would certainly wait for the next best device thats gonna be better rather than a device thats been out for awhile already,just my 2 cents

Old 12-31-2009, 04:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

majorash is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by trex34 View Post
I am considering ditching my blackberry and buying the HTC Touch Pro 2 what's your opinion on the phone, would it be a wise decision?
I had a BB Curve for about a year before getting the TP2, and I loved it. But, I also love the TP2. They both have their good points and their bad. I like the larger screen of the TP2. The only real gripe that I have with the TP2, is that when it syncs with my gmail account, it deletes my addresses and everyone that I have in the phones favorites. Not only did it delete all the addresses in my phone, but also in gmail. And it often had trouble syncing. The best part was I didn't know it deleted the addresses, until we went to send out xmas cards.
Internet browsing is also alot better on the TP2. Bigger screen, easier to navigate with your finger. But use Opera Mobile. IE on the phone sucks.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by num5kull27 View Post
i would wait,next month HTC is releasing 3 phones for sure one which is called the Tera which is just like a tp2 but rumored to be more powerful (ram and ect.) i got upgraded to a tp2 and i wouldn't have paid for it as long as it has been out,and the way new phones drop now days i would certainly wait for the next best device thats gonna be better rather than a device thats been out for awhile already,just my 2 cents
those phones will probably come out in europe/asia first then it takes like 5-6 months to come stateside.... and who's to say it'll come to his carrier? Sounds to me he's looking to jump onto the WinMo wagon now... by the time the next htc phone comes out here for his carrier, everyone will tell him to wait for wm7. The waiting game can be played endlessly. Btw, first half of 2010 doesn't mean January 2010.

edit: i looked up tera again and the leaked specs look terrible. it does have a boost in process at 600MHz compared to 528 of tp2, but it has same ram/rom, a 3" WQVGA screen instead of the larger 3.6" higher resolution WVGA screen of the tp2, same 3.2MP camera, and same resistive screen tech...
I'm sorry, but much smaller screen and WQVGA = huge turnoff... this phone sounds more like a lowend tp2.

Last edited by lipidfats; 12-31-2009 at 08:33 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

snowplow54 is keeping up the good worksnowplow54 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to snowplow54

honestly the TP2 doesnt seem worth signing a 2 yr contract for. its going for $350 with a new contract, but you could easily get it for $300 without the contract. just something to think about.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro