PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Outlook Missing in Mail Tab (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=103821)

regression 12-30-2009 09:03 AM

Outlook Missing in Mail Tab

Yesterday I started having problems with GMail (via Google's Exchange servers). I wasn't getting new mail / calendar / contacts and the Outlook icon disappeared from my TF3D mail tab.

I went in this morning and discovered the mail / calendar / contacts were unchecked in the ActiveSync setup. So I rechecked them and everything is syncing again. However, Outlook still isn't showing up on the mail tab. I have tried soft resetting and turning TF3D off and on again. I am using the stock ROM.

Any suggestions on how to get Outlook to show up again on the mail tab?

Thanks.

regression 12-31-2009 10:37 AM

Re: Outlook Missing in Mail Tab

Anyone?

Hatem 01-13-2010 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regression (Post 1447686)
Yesterday I started having problems with GMail (via Google's Exchange servers). I wasn't getting new mail / calendar / contacts and the Outlook icon disappeared from my TF3D mail tab.

I went in this morning and discovered the mail / calendar / contacts were unchecked in the ActiveSync setup. So I rechecked them and everything is syncing again. However, Outlook still isn't showing up on the mail tab. I have tried soft resetting and turning TF3D off and on again. I am using the stock ROM.

Any suggestions on how to get Outlook to show up again on the mail tab?

Thanks.

Hi, were you able to fix this issue and restore the envelope icon of the outlook/exchange account in the "mail tab". I am having the same kind of troubles after I proceeded with a back up using Sprite Software. Now the outlook icon is gone (although icons of three other accounts I had are still showing and the outlook /exchange account can still sync ).
Thankx

regression 01-13-2010 08:57 AM

Nope, I was never able to fix the problem. Last weekend I upgraded to a HTC Hero, so rocking Android and loving it.

Hatem 01-13-2010 09:39 AM

Thanks for your quick reply....Any other threads youk now of that address this same issue? or maybe a suggestion on how I should go about this problem?

Thanks again.

regression 01-13-2010 09:42 AM

No, I couldn't find any other threads. Just people trying to hide the Outlook icon, but I could figure out how to "reverse" that to make mine show. My next step was to do a hard reset, but since I was getting a new phone soon anyhow, I just lived with it. Sorry I could help.

Talon Pro 01-13-2010 01:05 PM

You have to sync to Outlook for MAIL for it to show back up. If you dont use Outlook for MAIL, then dont worry about it :)

Regression, still have your TP1?

regression 01-13-2010 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talon Pro (Post 1484782)
You have to sync to Outlook for MAIL for it to show back up. If you dont use Outlook for MAIL, then dont worry about it :)

Regression, still have your TP1?

I was syncing Outlook for mail and the icon never showed up. I thought about trying to delete all my Outlook info (if that is possible) and then re-entering it. But I never tried to see if that worked.....

Yeah, I still have my TP1. My dad has already said he wants it......