PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2009, 06:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Gelladuga69 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Gelladuga69
Another Goodbye

I'm saying good bye to my Touch Pro.
I've had it for a couple months, and am sad to say I was never happy with it.
Slow, sluggish, battery life, stability, speed is what the Touch Pro doesn't have.
Before you argue, I have done many tweaks, tried many ROMs, used many different cabinets as well.
My phone currently runs a Sense 2.1 port on 28011 by NRG.
28011 probably has the best battery life I've tried so far, but 9 hours with my normal use is far from acceptable.
The sluggishness of multi-tasking is also unacceptable. It is nowhere near quick enough to keep up with the speed of a high school student who texts nonstop daily.
I've upgraded from a $15 data addon to the $30 Sprint Pro pack and got a Curve 8530.
Blackberry phones have the best battery life, by my experience, and are probably the easiest smart phones to use. That's not to say I'm not experienced with computers, but the less you have to tweak something, the better.
I'll be picking up my 8530 tomorrow, and selling my Touch Pro.

Verizon 1.03.09V Radio
EnergyROM 28011 - 12/24/09 - Sense 2.1
Android 2.0.1 (Eclair)
Old 12-27-2009, 08:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Another Goodbye

I have to disagree, im getting near 2 days on my Moment, and my wife loves her Moment for ease of use. "When i want to do something, its easy to get to and it does it" is what she said. Ill go back to work this week, so the batt life will be tested for sure
Old 12-27-2009, 09:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

alex jb is keeping up the good workalex jb is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to alex jb

I'm quite new to TP, but not HTC, with win mob there has always been some issues, but if you like to tinker, there's no better OS. Enjoy true push mail on the BB, but you will miss parts of win mob.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelladuga69 View Post
I'm saying good bye to my Touch Pro.
I've had it for a couple months, and am sad to say I was never happy with it.
Slow, sluggish, battery life, stability, speed is what the Touch Pro doesn't have.
Before you argue, I have done many tweaks, tried many ROMs, used many different cabinets as well.
My phone currently runs a Sense 2.1 port on 28011 by NRG.
28011 probably has the best battery life I've tried so far, but 9 hours with my normal use is far from acceptable.
The sluggishness of multi-tasking is also unacceptable. It is nowhere near quick enough to keep up with the speed of a high school student who texts nonstop daily.
I've upgraded from a $15 data addon to the $30 Sprint Pro pack and got a Curve 8530.
Blackberry phones have the best battery life, by my experience, and are probably the easiest smart phones to use. That's not to say I'm not experienced with computers, but the less you have to tweak something, the better.
I'll be picking up my 8530 tomorrow, and selling my Touch Pro.
Sounds like you should have stayed with the stock rom and read the forums a bit more. Sorry to see you go anonymous internet person, i guess.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

9hours of battery life with non stop use is pretty good. of course my argument is if your in school, your there to learn NOT text. i will keep the rest of my comments to my self.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:41 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
9hours of battery life with non stop use is pretty good. of course my argument is if your in school, your there to learn NOT text. i will keep the rest of my comments to my self.
can you pm me the rest, im dying to here them? lol
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:44 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
laugh out loud!
Old 12-27-2009, 11:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
LOL. kids these days.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Jitterbug
Carrier: US Cellular

titaniumgiant is becoming a great contributor

have fun with your jitterbugberry!
Old 12-28-2009, 06:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I came from a BB to the TP, the blackberry is what he needs if he is spending 9 hours texting. Keyboard is easy to handle, the battery life will last longer. But I like to have fun with my phone, I want the full internet experience. Skyfire give me 100% flash, I can do whatever I want on the phone, standby time is almost 2 days, if I use it a lot, the battery burns quick, but dang, there is one thing I can do that my son-in-laws iPhone can't, I can change the battery. I keep a spare with me all the time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro