PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   TP2 replacement for TP (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=103736)

brushrop03 12-29-2009 05:59 PM

TP2 replacement for TP

My TP is dying on me. Keyboard is hardly responsive.

Just wanted to know if Sprint would send me a TP2 to replace the TP or not? (no longer under HTC warranty)

If not then i'm just going to go ahead and use my Blackberry Tour (company phone) until my 2 yr upgrade comes around

Joester414 12-29-2009 06:03 PM

Re: TP2 replacement for TP

from what i have seen and read, its all the luck of the draw, some people are getting replacement TPS and others are getting replacement TP2 depends on sprints stock and what they have i suppose

brushrop03 12-29-2009 06:11 PM

I figured as much. I dont want to pay that $100 and get a refurb'd TP. If they offered me my upgrade now that would be great, but that's not for some time so they probably won't

PhyscoAssassinx 12-29-2009 06:26 PM

MY TP Was over heating (when talking for about 1 min), lagging, and usb wasnt working so i called them up and they sent me a TP w/ New Battery, didnt even bother giving me the bb, snap, pre option owell atleast i got me a working phone for the next 3 months( i say 3 months because thats how long a TP life span seems to be before it starts acting up)

brushrop03 12-29-2009 08:03 PM

Yeah I figured it would be luck/random that they sent me a TP2. *sigh*

Straitup27 12-29-2009 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brushrop03 (Post 1446349)

just don't accept if the rep your talking too offers you the tp,it's your choice to accept,that's what my brother did and on his 3rd call was offered the tp2,same thing i did with vzw to get mine,first few said tp refurb,i just wait 2 hrs between calls and had success,the volume of customers they deal with it's not like they keep track of your calls

Carla 12-30-2009 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by num5kull27 (Post 1447025)
just don't accept if the rep your talking too offers you the tp,it's your choice to accept,that's what my brother did and on his 3rd call was offered the tp2,same thing i did with vzw to get mine,first few said tp refurb,i just wait 2 hrs between calls and had success,the volume of customers they deal with it's not like they keep track of your calls

I think they do make notations and stuff on your calls. I called a few days ago and right away he said "I saw you called yesterday, was your issue resolved"...That is with Sprint at least.

Dr.8820 12-30-2009 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlaDarla (Post 1447298)
I think they do make notations and stuff on your calls. I called a few days ago and right away he said "I saw you called yesterday, was your issue resolved"...That is with Sprint at least.

big 10-4, just keep fighting the good fight, and don't get angry soldier! being nice will get you want you want. (not with carla, but maybe sprint!)

iceturkee 12-30-2009 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brushrop03 (Post 1446349)

when i got my tp2, the sprint rep pretty much told me it was my lucky day because most tp owners didn't get the tp2 upgrade. i didn't ask her what that meant. figured i probably had my order placed when they were in stock.

brushrop03 12-30-2009 09:15 AM

Yeah they usually have it in the system of when you called and for what reason and any important notes. I may try it though.