PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Another Goodbye (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=103451)

Gelladuga69 12-27-2009 06:18 PM

Another Goodbye

I'm saying good bye to my Touch Pro.
I've had it for a couple months, and am sad to say I was never happy with it.
Slow, sluggish, battery life, stability, speed is what the Touch Pro doesn't have.
Before you argue, I have done many tweaks, tried many ROMs, used many different cabinets as well.
My phone currently runs a Sense 2.1 port on 28011 by NRG.
28011 probably has the best battery life I've tried so far, but 9 hours with my normal use is far from acceptable.
The sluggishness of multi-tasking is also unacceptable. It is nowhere near quick enough to keep up with the speed of a high school student who texts nonstop daily.
I've upgraded from a $15 data addon to the $30 Sprint Pro pack and got a Curve 8530.
Blackberry phones have the best battery life, by my experience, and are probably the easiest smart phones to use. That's not to say I'm not experienced with computers, but the less you have to tweak something, the better.
I'll be picking up my 8530 tomorrow, and selling my Touch Pro.

Talon Pro 12-27-2009 08:48 PM

Re: Another Goodbye

I have to disagree, im getting near 2 days on my Moment, and my wife loves her Moment for ease of use. "When i want to do something, its easy to get to and it does it" is what she said. Ill go back to work this week, so the batt life will be tested for sure :)

alex jb 12-27-2009 09:01 PM

I'm quite new to TP, but not HTC, with win mob there has always been some issues, but if you like to tinker, there's no better OS. Enjoy true push mail on the BB, but you will miss parts of win mob.

muyoso 12-27-2009 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gelladuga69 (Post 1440468)
I'm saying good bye to my Touch Pro.
I've had it for a couple months, and am sad to say I was never happy with it.
Slow, sluggish, battery life, stability, speed is what the Touch Pro doesn't have.
Before you argue, I have done many tweaks, tried many ROMs, used many different cabinets as well.
My phone currently runs a Sense 2.1 port on 28011 by NRG.
28011 probably has the best battery life I've tried so far, but 9 hours with my normal use is far from acceptable.
The sluggishness of multi-tasking is also unacceptable. It is nowhere near quick enough to keep up with the speed of a high school student who texts nonstop daily.
I've upgraded from a $15 data addon to the $30 Sprint Pro pack and got a Curve 8530.
Blackberry phones have the best battery life, by my experience, and are probably the easiest smart phones to use. That's not to say I'm not experienced with computers, but the less you have to tweak something, the better.
I'll be picking up my 8530 tomorrow, and selling my Touch Pro.

Sounds like you should have stayed with the stock rom and read the forums a bit more. Sorry to see you go anonymous internet person, i guess.

Mylt1 12-27-2009 11:27 PM

9hours of battery life with non stop use is pretty good. of course my argument is if your in school, your there to learn NOT text. i will keep the rest of my comments to my self.

darren.wlsn1 12-27-2009 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mylt1 (Post 1441051)
9hours of battery life with non stop use is pretty good. of course my argument is if your in school, your there to learn NOT text. i will keep the rest of my comments to my self.

can you pm me the rest, im dying to here them? lol

Dr.8820 12-27-2009 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1441084)

laugh out loud!

Mylt1 12-27-2009 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1441084)

LOL. kids these days.

titaniumgiant 12-28-2009 04:55 AM

have fun with your jitterbugberry!

Oditius 12-28-2009 06:56 AM

I came from a BB to the TP, the blackberry is what he needs if he is spending 9 hours texting. Keyboard is easy to handle, the battery life will last longer. But I like to have fun with my phone, I want the full internet experience. Skyfire give me 100% flash, I can do whatever I want on the phone, standby time is almost 2 days, if I use it a lot, the battery burns quick, but dang, there is one thing I can do that my son-in-laws iPhone can't, I can change the battery. I keep a spare with me all the time.