PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   TP eating battery life (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=103416)

gfunk9983 12-27-2009 01:28 PM

TP eating battery life

I have the extended battery in my TP and I can still BARELY get a day out of it with just simple use, all i really use it for day to day is texting, mabye about 10 min of calls and about 5 min on the internet. Is there any ROMS that could fix this battery issue ?

rstoyguy 12-27-2009 01:34 PM

Re: TP eating battery life

Moved to the Touch Pro forum.

robby1 12-27-2009 01:34 PM

what rom are you using is it stock or any custom roms and is it cdma or gsm

Straitup27 12-27-2009 01:35 PM

you need to request this thread to be closed or the other one since you posted one of the same topic in the tp forum.

ok for the kinda use you explain you do and to be getting that type of battery life there has to be a bigger issue,my reg. batt on my tp that was purchased in april last longer than that,and i use my device pretty heavy,how old id it? do you use any batt tweak apps? which rom are you running? throw a lil more info so we can help you out

gfunk9983 12-27-2009 01:38 PM

I am currently using RZ Baseline_28008_ti . Ive tried to load Energy ROM and some others and it just sticks at the "Please wait, Phone is starting up" and i have to flash back to an old ROM. I have been told that was because VZW has a gimp TP, but i am willing to try any ROM, I just want a phone that will last over a day lol

gfunk9983 12-27-2009 01:40 PM

The battery is less than 30 days old, new in box. It is the 1800MaH battery

robby1 12-27-2009 01:44 PM

first install stock rom on your tp and then go from there looking at other roms i used rz yesterday and went back to calkulins have used energy rom they are very heavy and hard to use so first thing you might wanna try some lighter roms and if it is stuck put your phone in bootloader mode and use a rom with as less as applications can be if you can't find just make a simple one sing ppck buildos rz is nice clean rom but bit different setup don't know if that is good or bad in files so have not really tried much as it had problem setting up the msn email on that one i went back calkulins which works really nice not much you have to do yourself it is good to go rom

Straitup27 12-27-2009 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gfunk9983 (Post 1439953)
I am currently using RZ Baseline_28008_ti . Ive tried to load Energy ROM and some others and it just sticks at the "Please wait, Phone is starting up" and i have to flash back to an old ROM. I have been told that was because VZW has a gimp TP, but i am willing to try any ROM, I just want a phone that will last over a day lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by gfunk9983 (Post 1439958)
The battery is less than 30 days old, new in box. It is the 1800MaH battery

ok the energy rom issue quit on the dec. 17 builds which was a VZW issue only so you can try those,also his newest i haven't tested as im waiting on fedex to drop off a refurb lol,but the 21xxx builds from 11-25 to 12-16 wouldn't work but all is good now,so flash a new rom and test it and we can take it from there,also do you use any apps like lumos or anything?

gfunk9983 12-27-2009 01:50 PM

No I don't use Lumos, althought I was getting ready to download it. Unfortunately, on this aspect of technology I am a noob. And I use no other Apps other than what the ROM's come with

robby1 12-27-2009 01:53 PM

also it depends how much time you keep your phone charging don't keep it on charge all the time that ruins batteries too