PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2009, 07:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid, rooted OC 1.0ghz
Carrier: Verizon

Klauven is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Opera Mini font sizes

So, i used to have a Htc Touch and my favorite browser for it was Opera Mini because it is so fast. When i switched to the touch pro i noticed the menus are microscopic, certainly not finger friendly. Is there anything that can be done about this?

I appreciate any help you can provide.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:26 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Opera Mini font sizes

Hi there. Is it just the menus that are small for you, or are all of the words also too small to view?
dschoenike

Old 12-26-2009, 10:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I changed font sizes in settings to extra large which made web pages a good size. The menus, address bar and back button are so small it is nearly impossible to use a finger. On my 320x240 vogue, Opera Mini was quite finger friendly.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:45 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I could be wrong, but I think installing a different java clent may help.
dschoenike
Old 12-27-2009, 01:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

savir90 is keeping up the good worksavir90 is keeping up the good work

lol...maaan, ive been using opera mini since my razer v3m-v9m-lg rumor-bb 8330-htc touch-moto Q-diamond- and touch pro days...it owns every other browser including opera mobile...atleast in the NON-FLASH or NON JAVA aspect of things...getting opera mini to look right on the touch pro wasent easy but after a whole lot of searching...after trying out every single version of jbed i found this one..the only one that is VGA and is somewhat tolerable as it only ask to allow internet access once on every boot up...hold on to this one...it makes OMini atleast funtionable...however making the fonts and everything larger does sorta mess up some webpages...but i think its worth it.... install this jbed and then go to mini.opera.com on ur browser, download, set ur font size in the opera setting to the biggest...and wala..hope y'enjoy

happy holidays
Attached Files
File Type: zip Esmertec%20Jbed%2020081203.2.1.zip (1.04 MB, 11 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by savir90; 12-27-2009 at 01:16 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks Sav, it worked great. Opera mini is finger friendly again. There is of course one side effect, it makes my hardware keyboard go berserk while I am in Opera Mini...I will deal with the on screen keyboard though.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

savir90 is keeping up the good worksavir90 is keeping up the good work

i know!..turn off automatic input or onscreen input and you'll be good to go....my keyboard tripped out as well repeating characters like 100 times

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro