PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Alltel to Verizon and back? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=103170)

JFettig 12-24-2009 09:03 PM

Alltel to Verizon and back?

I picked up a Touch Pro off ebay and cannot get it to work for the life of me.
I can get it all activated through Alltel, data works but voice does not, I cannot make or receive calls.

I have been in contact with the seller, he will not take it back. but he finally did say that he switched to Verizon. I am still on Alltel networks. Is this maybe why it doesn't work?

Is there any way to switch it back? I really want this thing to work.

Please let me know if you can help!

Thanks,
Jon

jtuite 12-25-2009 09:54 AM

Re: Alltel to Verizon and back?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFettig (Post 1436164)
I picked up a Touch Pro off ebay and cannot get it to work for the life of me.
I can get it all activated through Alltel, data works but voice does not, I cannot make or receive calls.

I have been in contact with the seller, he will not take it back. but he finally did say that he switched to Verizon. I am still on Alltel networks. Is this maybe why it doesn't work?

Is there any way to switch it back? I really want this thing to work.

Please let me know if you can help!

Thanks,
Jon

try flashing it with an Alltel stock ROM. and what does it say when you try calling someone?

JFettig 12-25-2009 05:21 PM

I did flash the stock rom. it just times out when trying to call. it says "dialing" and quits

When I try to do the *228 to activate it, it says something but never really activates as far as I can tell.

Jon

jtuite 12-26-2009 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFettig (Post 1437191)
I did flash the stock rom. it just times out when trying to call. it says "dialing" and quits

When I try to do the *228 to activate it, it says something but never really activates as far as I can tell.

Jon

when I put my alltel touch pro on verizon my phone wouldn't program so I had to call them on a different phone and they had me manually program it. and it started working right. you might have to do something similar.

GirlGoneGeek 12-26-2009 11:26 PM

Weird, normally it's the other way around. Data not working but voice is, hmmmmm.

yes maybe a manual programming will work :)

second, make sure your plan isn't changed to something crazy....I've seen mistakes happen, lol I work there.

third, call tech support before changing roms

fourth, go with the alltel stock rom and see if that helps

JFettig 12-27-2009 10:47 AM

I've manually programmed it, done it all. The plan works just fine with my Q9c.
I used the stock rom in all attempts to get it to work.

They let me do an insurance claim on the phone. It costs twice as much as I thought it would.

Now I'll have a new touch pro that I now paid too much for. Should have just bought a new one to begin with.

The seller refused to take it back, he did list "no returns" in his ad so I am kind of SOL.

I was planning on activating it with the MightyRom but I couldn't enter the manual programming for some reason.

Jon