PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2009, 05:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sandwichfighter is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to sandwichfighter
Re: still need a TP2 upgrade for FREE?? i have 6 now, this old hustle still works..

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex jb View Post
What did you say to them?
I had no offer of replacement hardware, only th the reset.
I told them I took it to the store and the techs "Fixed" it, but that it was still lagging and dropping calls. Sent me a replacement free of charge. Weak, I wanted a TP2 but can't complain, getting rid of the scratches mine already has.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler
Re: still need a TP2 upgrade for FREE?? i have 6 now, this old hustle still works..

How's it feel to admit to multiple felonies and gross misdemeanors? I hope for your sake, the DA in your jurisdiction doesn't prosecute you for these fradulent activities. If so, expect to spend up to 10 years in the state penitentiary, and/or a fine of up to US$20,000. And that's if you get a "lenient" judge. Or, you would face up to 10+5+1+1, (17 years), plus 20k+10k+5k+5k (US$40,000 fine). (RCW 9A.20.021)

Jesus Christ, the things people admit to on the Intenet now adays blow my mind. (Ever heard of your fifth amenendment rights as provided by the US Constitution? I highly recommend you invoke them regarding ANY AND ALL criminal activity you may participate in. Especially if concerning felonious activities.

RCW 9A.56.050
Theft in the third degree.

(1) A person is guilty of theft in the third degree if he or she commits theft of property or services which (a) does not exceed seven hundred fifty dollars in value, or (b) includes ten or more merchandise pallets, or ten or more beverage crates, or a combination of ten or more merchandise pallets and beverage crates.

(2) Theft in the third degree is a gross misdemeanor.

RCW 9A.72.020

Perjury in the first degree.

(1) A person is guilty of perjury in the first degree if in any official proceeding he makes a materially false statement which he knows to be false under an oath required or authorized by law.

(2) Knowledge of the materiality of the statement is not an element of this crime, and the actor's mistaken belief that his statement was not material is not a defense to a prosecution under this section.

(3) Perjury in the first degree is a class B felony.

RCW 9A.72.030

Perjury in the second degree.

(1) A person is guilty of perjury in the second degree if, in an examination under oath under the terms of a contract of insurance, or with intent to mislead a public servant in the performance of his or her duty, he or she makes a materially false statement, which he or she knows to be false under an oath required or authorized by law.

(2) Perjury in the second degree is a class C felony.

RCW 9A.72.040

False swearing.

(1) A person is guilty of false swearing if he makes a false statement, which he knows to be false, under an oath required or authorized by law.

(2) False swearing is a gross misdemeanor.
Baseband: UCKJ3
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 - I997RUXG3-CL366622 user@netbook #Infusion-GB-CoreA

Last edited by k_semler; 12-23-2009 at 08:49 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6900
Carrier: sprint

JSMZ is becoming a great contributor

wow, sure am glad you know how to preach washington STATE law, to some web person.. who more than likely doesnt live in washington state. Also pergery & false swearing only apply to legal matters, if you dont understand that it means IN COURT or dealing with LEGAL STATEMENTS. not on the phone with a customer service rep. come onnnnn. A person can lie to who ever they want, so long as its not involving those two things. Its called your right as an american. no laws against it.

good for you, hang on.. let me clap for a second.

damn, i mean really. get over yourself. I had my 6th touch pro fixed today @ the store & you dont hear me quoting law to someone that doesnt even live in my state.

Last edited by JSMZ; 12-23-2009 at 09:02 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro babiii

jr5416 is keeping up the good workjr5416 is keeping up the good work

the guy that made this thead just wants attention,total bs lol y would yall belive him? Sprint nor Asurion are not replacing ur pro for a tp2 get over it guys
Old 12-23-2009, 09:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMZ View Post
wow, sure am glad you know how to preach washington STATE law, to some web person.. who more than likely doesnt live in washington state.

good for you, hang on.. let me clap for a second.

damn, i mean really. get over yourself. I had my 6th touch pro fixed today @ the store & you dont hear me quoting law to someone that doesnt even live in my state.

I'm quite sure most states in the Union have statutes on the books as equally as powerful as WA RCW's. And guess what? If you are transacting across state lines, the federal government, (FBI and DoJ), becomes involved, as it now affects interstate commerce, and is fully within the regulation of the federal government as empowered by the US Constitution. Go look up your own state statutes regarding fraudulent activities, and you will most likely find that you are looking at a very long time of incarceration should you so be convicted.

You wouldn't go online and admit to just rolling the local gas station, or killing a man, grand theft auto, or other felonious activities. Be smart, and don't brag about crimes that you commit. As Benjamen Franklin said:

"Three can keep a secret, if two are dead."

Unless you are going through a proxy, the admins/mods have access to your IP address. From there, all they have to do is fire up NeoTrace Pro go get your local jurisdiction. From there, it's a simple call to your local friendly DA, who subpoenas the ISP for the login address of the IP at a specific time, and then the account holder's address is turned over to the police to serve an arrest warrant. After all, you confessed to the crime, so probable cause for an arrest is in place. Your machine gets seized, and you stand trial for various counts of fraudulent activity. I hope you like the house of PMITA Hotel, because you'll become a long term resident.

Last edited by k_semler; 12-23-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr5416 View Post
the guy that made this thead just wants attention,total bs lol y would yall belive him? Sprint nor Asurion are not replacing ur pro for a tp2 get over it guys
I agree with the first part, i was pisseed when i first read it, just because ive had so many replacements.

they ARE replacing them with the TouletPaper 2. it just depends on how hard you swing from their nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_semler View Post
I'm quite sure most states in the Union have statutes on the books as equally as powerful as WA RCW's. And guess what? If you are transacting across state lines, the federal government, (FBI and DoJ), becomes involved, as it now affects interstate commerce, and is fully within the regulation of the federal government as empowered by the US Constitution. Go look up your own state statutes regarding fraudulent activities, and you will most likely find that you are looking at a very long time of incarceration should you so be convicted.

You wouldn't go online and admit to just rolling the local gas station, or killing a man, grand theft auto, or other felonious activities. Be smart, and don't brag about crimes that you commit. As Benjamen Franklin said:

"Three can keep a secret, if two are dead."
LOL shut the fuk up! lol

who stole what. pretty sure all these phones are being shipped from sprint on their own free will. its their decision in the end if it goes out or not.

and I suppose lying to a customer service rep is punishable by up to 10 years in prison huh. anyway. no worries here. there isnt even a lie when i tell them " this phone is a POS, it does bla bla bla"

no lies, no stealing. the phone is a turd and everyone knows it.

Last edited by JSMZ; 12-23-2009 at 09:09 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

alex jb is keeping up the good workalex jb is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to alex jb

Wow, that sounds like youre a law student or lawyer!
Maybe this post/topic be closed?
Just out of interest, did you tell AT&T that you don't hold them responsible for your device waranty anymore, since you unlocked and re-flashed it with a non OEM ROM?
Old 12-23-2009, 09:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Just out of interest, did you tell AT&T that you don't hold them responsible for your device waranty anymore, since you unlocked and re-flashed it with a non OEM ROM?
AT&T. WTF? really... who said AT&T. And just how would you know if i did unlock it. perhaps I come here for freeware cabs.

and who would you be to suggest this thread be closed. your not the OP , Admin, or moderator on this site.

im done here. i didnt like this thread anyway, im only replying because I just dont like your attitude.

Last edited by JSMZ; 12-23-2009 at 09:16 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMZ View Post
I agree with the first part, i was pisseed when i first read it, just because ive had so many replacements.

they ARE replacing them with the TouletPaper 2. it just depends on how hard you swing from their nuts.

LOL shut the fuk up! lol

who stole what. pretty sure all these phones are being shipped from sprint on their own free will. its their decision in the end if it goes out or not.

and I suppose lying to a customer service rep is punishable by up to 10 years in prison huh. anyway. no worries here. there isnt even a lie when i tell them " this phone is a POS, it does bla bla bla"

no lies, no stealing. the phone is a turd and everyone knows it.
If I sneak into a Walmart store, and swap out the UPC to sell me a 62" HDTV for $0.19 cents, it is still fraud, and 2nd degree theft. That act would deprive the store of the legitimate retail price of the merchandised item, and since it retails between US$700-1499, it is a class C felony. Yeah, you "purchased" the item, but under fraudulent conditions. Nobody, (even out of thier mind), would sell a TV for $0.19, so it is evident criminal activity was involved.

And if your phone sucks, or does not live up to the implied conditions of sale, then either request a refund, or get a legitimate replacement. If you get a TP1 --> TP1 or TP1 --> TP2 because they didn't have your specific model in, then no crime is committed if you are claiming for an actual issue. (whether that be user inflicted, or factory failure).
Old 12-23-2009, 09:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
I'm not under warrenty. Warrenty only lasted for 90 days after my refurb replacement. As far as Ins. Any activities which I may inflict upon the device, (such as dunking in a toilet, jumping in the lake and forgetting to take my pants off, running over it with my car on accident, or a bad flash), are completly covered under the clause which stipulates "User Damage". If I screw up and brick my phone, (legitimately, and not just saying "I lost it", then it is covered under insurance with no fraud involved.

Also see, "First Sale Doctrine". If I want to modify my phone to run a Jap rom, I can do it. If I screw up doing the flash, I can file an insurance claim so long as I am not misleading in the cause of the failure. Asurion has insured against "user initiated failure", therefore no fraudulent claim is made if I claim a bricked phone because of my own fault and/or stupidity. "Accidental User Initiated failure" counts anything I could possibly do to my device that may damage it, so long as my purpose is not damaging the device. If they're willing to insure against such losses, (and I have a heavy financial burden if I do make a claim.), then I am complying with the terms of insurance.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro