PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 01:42 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: TP2 upgrade for FREE?? Join us, all success stories now in post #1, SEE IT WORK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mswezey View Post
Anyway I could get a free replacement? even if its another TP?

constantly hard resets itself once a month
keyboard and facekeys went out a month ago
freezes
and is really slow booting up

And what would be the best way about calling sprint up?

Thanks
its alot harder to get it over the phone now-a-days... going into a store and being able to show the issues if need be is the golden ticket...

this isnt as hard now as it was when i first made the thread btw... almost all CRS's(Certified Re-Seller) will upgrade you out and into something other than a TP1-for free... sprint stores seem to be kinda no hassle now too...
Old 06-05-2010, 04:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 3VO 3D

Mswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Mswezey Send a message via MSN to Mswezey Send a message via Yahoo to Mswezey Send a message via Skype™ to Mswezey
Re: TP2 upgrade for FREE?? Join us, all success stories now in post #1, SEE IT WORK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
its alot harder to get it over the phone now-a-days... going into a store and being able to show the issues if need be is the golden ticket...

this isnt as hard now as it was when i first made the thread btw... almost all CRS's(Certified Re-Seller) will upgrade you out and into something other than a TP1-for free... sprint stores seem to be kinda no hassle now too...
Thanks man!

Let me just flash it back to stock and I'll hit up the local RS tomorrow
Old 06-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

hartwig is a n00b

long time flasher, first time posting... any clues as to the areas the bugs are present. flashed about a week ago, and thing is running like a top. Maybe I shouldnt complain, but fed up with the phone still. text messaging, web browsing, email, etc, any ideas where to look at least, its been a few days with many resets. Thanks to all!
Old 06-10-2010, 12:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

kcornman is just getting started

I took my TP into the Sprint Store last week because the screen totally died. They told me it was DOA and they were replacing the phone. So I go in the next day for the replacement, which was another refurbed TP; this is my third refurb from the store, the last one was in January.

I'll be taking this new one back in Saturday as it has both soft(3 times) and hard(twice) reset itself at random times, the ringer only works half of the time & goes straight to voicemail the other half, the radio seems really week because calls are choppy and cut off a lot, my battery now lasts barely 1/2 of what it did a week ago.

I already have tried the Hard Reset route yesterday with no improvement. It figures, this is the first one I got with a really good camera.

I wonder if I should call customer service first just to get a repair slip started?
Old 06-11-2010, 01:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPRO2

yjjadara is a n00b

Here is my story.

I have a third refurb-TP on my hand. TP's screen LCD has started to show florescent patterns and my TP dropped calls a lot. Also, it sometimes freezing. Oh, the problem starts just as before.. T.T

I called *2 and the customer service said that I have to go to the repair center. So I went the repair store, they looked my TP and did hard-reset and tested everything. After hard-reset, they said that my TP had no problem at all. How can I believe them? =_ ;;

As you know, guys,, I know.. For a moment it is normal and well functionally working after Hard-Reset,, just for a moment.. But after using a while, you will meet again the bugs.. I knew. and I explained that to the tech person. But they didn't do anything with my TP. T.T.

Oh, well, I didn't expect at all in the repair store. I went back home and I call *2 again. I explained my situation again and again. "This is my third TP and went to the repair store, too. And I don't want to deal with TP anymore, do you have any other phone as a replacement?" The representer said, "Yes, we have, TP2. (WOW~!). Let me order TP2 as a replacement for your defective TP."

Hurray~! It is already shipped yesterday. And now, it's out of delivery.

p.s. I have SPRINT + TEP. I tried to get TP2 when my second refurb-TP was malfunctioned (it was about last October). But I only got the third-TP and used it for a while, now it have shown problem again after 8 months later.

So, you try both a repair center and *2.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro