PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2009, 11:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6900
Carrier: sprint

JSMZ is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: still need a TP2 upgrade for FREE?? i have 6 now, this old hustle still works..

im going on my 7th touch pro. i hope you enjoy your 6 tp2's.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:11 AM
MikeMcG

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: still need a TP2 upgrade for FREE?? i have 6 now, this old hustle still works..

I called Sprint last night because I've been having problems with my TP1. They offered me everything but the TP2. When I asked whether the TP2 was on the list, I was told no, with a chuckle. I decided to go with the Palm Pre, so I'll see how that goes. If I don't like it, I'm due for an upgrade in March and I'll see what's out then.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6900
Carrier: sprint

JSMZ is becoming a great contributor

I will cancel my account before i pay sprint for an upgrade at this point.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sandwichfighter is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to sandwichfighter

Just called in and they asked me to go to a repair center to fix it. They didn't offer the replacement at all. We'll see if they give me a new set at the store, but I'm not sure.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:51 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Threadstarter

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwing View Post
this disappoints me. this is why people with LEGITIMATE problems can't get new ones...like me.

I've had a failing TP with a broken keyboard for a year and still can't get a newer device because they are all outta stock....

Hustla? really? go hustle somewhere else. this is nothing but fraud dude. get your mind out of the gutter and into the world of business man. this makes me sick.

*spit*
i dont hear you complaining about threads on how to steal tethering capabilities for free from our carriers, stop being selective about whats wrong on this site to complain about.. if youve had a busted phone for a yr, thats YOUR fault.. theres atleast 3-4 choices for replacements, if you dont take one, not anyone on this sites fault.. if sprint warehouse is out of stock, again, noone on this sites fault... YOU failing to get the replacement YOU want, again, noones fault but your own.. the supply of TP2s, is far less than the demand... same happened with the TP1, there werent enough for awhile in the begining..

and wheres the FRAUD?? I recognized flaws in the OFFICIAL UPGRADE ROM, its not like a custom ROM junked my devices.. so therefore, am i not entitled to replacements?? is it my fault i had 3 extra tp1s laying around to use the ROM on? nope!

ive said it b4 and ill say it again.. i dont really care about SPRINT or the TP1 problems.. serves them right for selling a 600 dollar device for atleasst 7/8months after they knew it was significantly flawed... i dont really care if people cant afford upgrades or replacements, its not my fault.. i can afford it, so if deductables go up, i really dont care, i never use asurion really anyways and if i do, SPRINT allways gives me courtesy credits to cover costs.. so im gonna do what i do, and if i find flaws in products or the system, im gonna let as many people know that can...

and anyone that wants to complain about this, i suggest boycotting tethering threads then, since thats flat out theft.. which i do as well, along with tons of people on here..and i dont wanna hear, "i have unlimited data" that doesnt include tethering, flat out...

go cry somewhere else dude, cuz noone cares..
Old 12-23-2009, 12:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

alex jb is keeping up the good workalex jb is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to alex jb

Do you need to flash stock Sprint ROM, re-lock and then do the HTC upgrade?

I'm very wary about re-locking, that's what bricked my diamond.

EDIT: Also, I just went to HTC's site, the Sprint TP is no longer listed...
It was last week, but then not 3 weeks ago, they keep pulling it down for some reason.

Last edited by alex jb; 12-23-2009 at 12:14 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

alex jb is keeping up the good workalex jb is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to alex jb

Here's the dowload page from last week.
http://www.htc.com/us/support/touch-...int/downloads/
Old 12-23-2009, 12:24 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Threadstarter

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

why would you need to do all that stuff? just relock and do the upgrade... all that "flash dance" stuff is just over cautious people with too much time on their hands... if the "flash dance" was needed, it wouldve been being used for yrs now, not just mentioned the last few months...

follow the link in post #3, the sprint TP is right there.. you needed to goto support first, then u get the drop down for sprint TP, and u get the download page for the ROM..

and if you bricked during relock, YOU did something wrong.. relocking is so simple.. but the relocker on root SD card.. put sspl on root of device.. click the sspl.exe and itll load your relocker... make sure you get the card out b4 it restarts the relock process or youll get stuck on the "loading" screen.. even if that happens though, the first relock still worked, just go ahead and do the UPgrade ROM anyways and itll work fine...
Old 12-23-2009, 12:27 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex jb View Post
Here's the dowload page from last week.
http://www.htc.com/us/support/touch-...int/downloads/
thats the same link i have in post 3.. just checked yours and mine... the ROM is right there, dunno why you think its gone
Old 12-23-2009, 01:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

sandwichfighter is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to sandwichfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
why would you need to do all that stuff? just relock and do the upgrade... all that "flash dance" stuff is just over cautious people with too much time on their hands... if the "flash dance" was needed, it wouldve been being used for yrs now, not just mentioned the last few months...

follow the link in post #3, the sprint TP is right there.. you needed to goto support first, then u get the drop down for sprint TP, and u get the download page for the ROM..

and if you bricked during relock, YOU did something wrong.. relocking is so simple.. but the relocker on root SD card.. put sspl on root of device.. click the sspl.exe and itll load your relocker... make sure you get the card out b4 it restarts the relock process or youll get stuck on the "loading" screen.. even if that happens though, the first relock still worked, just go ahead and do the UPgrade ROM anyways and itll work fine...
Ugh, I sent in the phone with the right ROM but didn't Relock it... Do you think this will be a problem?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro