PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2009, 10:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTCTouch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Prez808 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: still need a TP2 upgrade for FREE?? i have 6 now, this old hustle still works..

The Sprint store seems to have no issue on handing out refurbed TP's all day long too. So far my refurb is ok (buggy yeah, but nothing major yet). Crossing my fingers!
Old 12-22-2009, 10:23 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Threadstarter

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: still need a TP2 upgrade for FREE?? i have 6 now, this old hustle still works..

ill update the OP, but this is to call tech support, NOT ASURION, ill add the direct number too even i used
Old 12-22-2009, 10:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

cgutta85 is a n00b

i called sprint.. they directed me to advanced tech support
Old 12-22-2009, 11:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jrpadg is a n00b

Yeah unless you have serious time on your hands to waste I wouldnt recommend trying this - I just spent over an hour and a half on the phone w/ tech support just to be sent another TP!!
Old 12-23-2009, 12:36 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Threadstarter

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

only took me about 15min to get his... took me about 30min second time around to get mine cuz they were checkin on if they could place the order with it on back order... it was pretty simple..
Old 12-23-2009, 12:43 AM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Thanks for the guide to getting a tp2 bro, I will be doing this as soon as sprint stops telling me or ignores there stupidly retarded " 3 replaces in 6 months" policy.. any idea on how to over come that?
Old 12-23-2009, 01:19 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Threadstarter

the limit on exchanges is over come by simply going into a store... its just means it cant be advandced exchanged by phone. a tech has to look at it.. as long as you have real issues, they have to do it if your in the store.. stores do have different authorties than Sprint itself,by phone... the Manager really does have the power to only offer you refurb, but when they go to put the claim in, the list will pop up prompting them to opt you out of the TP1... where they have the TP2 in stock is another question.. it is possible to have them note your account at the store, then you check with sprint to see if you can get one shipped instead.. that might be a stretch though..

if you walk into a store with genuine issues, they have 2 choices only.. REPAIR IT or REPLACE IT- prime example: very recent post http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=2413
Old 12-23-2009, 05:46 AM
rdwing

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

this disappoints me. this is why people with LEGITIMATE problems can't get new ones...like me.

I've had a failing TP with a broken keyboard for a year and still can't get a newer device because they are all outta stock....

Hustla? really? go hustle somewhere else. this is nothing but fraud dude. get your mind out of the gutter and into the world of business man. this makes me sick.

*spit*

Last edited by rdwing; 12-23-2009 at 05:49 AM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Gh05t is just getting started

How is this fraud? He only udpates to the newest roms and theres problems with it. Then he just tells them whats wrong they decide to replace his phone. He's not doing anything to the registry or whatever to break his phone.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: ppc
Carrier: sprint

Jbroad572 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh05t View Post
How is this fraud? He only udpates to the newest roms and theres problems with it. Then he just tells them whats wrong they decide to replace his phone. He's not doing anything to the registry or whatever to break his phone.
The TP has a definite problem and Sprint is apparently not having too much of an issue replacing the TPs with TP2's. I'm betting they aren't losing too much money, especially if being compensated by HTC. The TP2 is barely different than the TP anyway despite the casing right?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro