PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2
Carrier: Verizon

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Trying to MightyROM6 TP1 after unlocking (with screenshot) problem :)

Hi everyone,

I have a TP2 which is unlocked and re-flashed to the newest Dec. 19th MightyROM; but my wife has the Verizon TP1 that I am trying to Flash to the final release of MightyROM6. I have already unlocked the phone.

I watched this video series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwfCK...eature=channel but am still unable to find the actual Rom Flashing file in the un-zipped MightyROM file

*What I am missing that the YouTube instructional video that Mike linked us to, is the "CUSTOM RUU" file he referenced in video 1 and 2 in order to actually flash the TP1 to the MightyROM6.

I AM ATTACHING A SCREEN SHOT of the unzipped contents of the MightyROM6 for TP1 below... I only have a signedRUU file, and the other files are not "windows32 compatible"

PLEASE help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MightyROM6 TP1 flash attempt problems.jpg (424.5 KB, 26 views) Click for barcode!
August 12th... Droid-2! Still undecided; but leaning toward purchasing, as a phone to "tide" me over (according to great advice from ckeegan) until truly remarkable devices are released from Verizon fully operation on 4G networks in 2012!
Old 12-22-2009, 08:28 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Trying to MightyROM6 TP1 after unlocking (with screenshot) problem :)

i dont know how u flashed a TP2, if u cant solve this one, but thats here nor there lol..

just click ROM Update Utility dude.. itll do the rest for you...

if your flashing via sd card, which your not it looks like.. then you would take the signed_ruu.nbh(this is the ROM file itself) and rename it to RAPHIMG.nbh then place it on root of sd card(no folders)..put that sucker in bootloader and flash away...

but based on your screenshoot just run the UPdate Utility and youll be golden
Old 12-22-2009, 11:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work
Talking Re: Trying to MightyROM6 TP1 after unlocking (with screenshot) problem :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
i dont know how u flashed a TP2, if u cant solve this one, but thats here nor there lol..

just click ROM Update Utility dude.. itll do the rest for you...

if your flashing via sd card, which your not it looks like.. then you would take the signed_ruu.nbh(this is the ROM file itself) and rename it to RAPHIMG.nbh then place it on root of sd card(no folders)..put that sucker in bootloader and flash away...

but based on your screenshoot just run the UPdate Utility and youll be golden
You were right - I'll explain below - but I've just got one thing I'd like to say to you! ...... THANKS!

I saw the ROM Update screen come up, and it was identical to the screen and prompts I saw populate while running the unlocker, so I thought maybe it was just an included CDMA default unlocker Mike included in his zipped .exe files. I took your advice and follow through with the Wizard, and it installed everything as perfectly as I've come to expect from Mighty!

The reason why this one sort of snagged me half way through, was because flashing my TP2 was so seamless - I never had to unzip files and sift through RUU's or Page Pool Changers etc, I just downloaded the Dec. 6th version of MightyROM and it installed.

I am always happy to encounter some small issues though, it only adds to my own knowledge base and ability to surmount these small obstacles in the future.

Thanks again - I really appreciate it.

PS:
The MMS Verizon .cab for picture messaging fix that I used for my TP2, can also be used on the TP1 I'm assuming - correct? (Same with normal Verizon Provisioning) Have a good night and Merry Christmas!

Last edited by HTC Touch-Pro; 12-22-2009 at 11:54 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:54 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

your more than welcome.. not a huge VZW oatron as im sprint, but i dont see why it wouldnt work.. could be dependent on same version of arcsoft though?? something to think about.. just try it b4 you reload her whole device.. then a hrad reset to undo it, means nothing since its fresh flash anyways
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-25-2009, 05:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Been a couple days since the MR6 was installed on the TP1, and it started acting EXTREMELY buggy today, ironically at the same time my TP2 did; right around Christmas lunch. Both instances were/are extremely weird, because my wife's phone doesn't have ONE app or after-market program installed - and my TP2 was the worst of the two cases and I have not made any modifications either after flashing to the newest supported Dec. 19th MightyROM.

I did a hard-reset on her phone, and it's working slightly faster now - I was surprised though, because I have come to expect consistent performance from MightyROM, especially on the final release of such a tweaked and improved ROM for the original Touch Pro 1. Hmmm.....

The huge issues with my TP2 however, is that it froze and became non-responsive on the unlock screen where the 4 digits are entered after using the slider - and although I am pressing my correct password in, it repeats "Wrong Password Entered" to me; and the worst part is I can't (at least I don't think I can) do a hard reset on the phone manually now - because I am stuck at the enter password screen, even after about 8 or 9 soft resets this afternoon Merry Christmas, haha, all I wanted to do was upload some pics to Facebook and send out some texts to friends and family, and my phone just took a dive.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro