PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   insurance on a used TP (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=102836)

alex jb 12-22-2009 02:25 PM

insurance on a used TP

I searched through for insurance threads, but didn't find what I was looking for.
I broke (bricked) my diamond and didn't have the insurance, I thought I did, but when I called Asurion, Sprint only billed me for 3 months then when I lost my Vogue and it was replaced with the diamond under insurance, they stopped billing me, I never noticed.
Do you have to re-sign up after a claim?

I bought a TP and I registered it on my sprint acount, all is well, but Sprint knows the phone did not come from them.

So second question, can I take up insurance on a phone that did not come from Sprint?

I suck at keeping track of things and I loose stuff all the time!... I think I need insurance from somewhere :spin:

boredandtattooed 12-22-2009 08:14 PM

Re: insurance on a used TP

hmmm, sprint doesnt allow non sprint devices on their network.. do u just mean u bought it from ebay,craigslist, or a 3rd party(like a friend)??? ive never seen anyone with a non sprint branded device on sprint...

that being said... it doesnt matter if its old, a refurb, or came from anywhere.. if it says sprint, its insureable.... just has to be within the first 30days of activation and you should be all good to go

mysticaldreams 12-22-2009 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1432004)
hmmm, sprint doesnt allow non sprint devices on their network.. do u just mean u bought it from ebay,craigslist, or a 3rd party(like a friend)??? ive never seen anyone with a non sprint branded device on sprint...

that being said... it doesnt matter if its old, a refurb, or came from anywhere.. if it says sprint, its insureable.... just has to be within the first 30days of activation and you should be all good to go

I second that

alex jb 12-23-2009 11:29 AM

Sorry, I meant it is a Sprint TP, just didn't get it from them.

You answered my question though.
I've had it about 3 weeks, I'll call up and get it insured.

iceturkee 12-23-2009 12:22 PM

to answer your question, yes you can add insurance on a used device so long as you do it within 30 days after activating device.

alex jb 12-23-2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceturkee (Post 1433335)
to answer your question, yes you can add insurance on a used device so long as you do it within 30 days after activating device.

Yup, I just called and added it this morning.
No issues.
Mentioned that I'm very careless and have lost 2 phones in 2 years, one (Vogue) got replaced on insurance, but the other I replaced myself this month (Diamond) with a TP.
She said that was fine, I'm now covered.

$7/month.