PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Verizon Touch Pro without data plan? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=102628)

kman13 12-20-2009 10:45 PM

Verizon Touch Pro without data plan?

I currently have a Mogul on VZW without a data plan, but it's falling apart. I found a great deal on a Touch Pro on ebay, and decided to get it. When it came and I tried to activate it online, the website rejects it, saying it needs a data plan. I called up, and Verizon says they REQUIRE a data plan in order to use this phone. Does anyone have a Touch Pro on verizon without a data plan? If so, I'm going to call them back and fight some more ... I can't really afford a data plan right now, and don't even need one since EVERYWHERE I go has wi-fi.

Straitup27 12-20-2009 10:55 PM

Re: Verizon Touch Pro without data plan?

i would fight it,simple fact,it's a phone,regardless if you choose to have a data plan or not they should switch it over,call cs

juliend 12-21-2009 10:31 AM

Fight all you want, but verizon will NOT activate a touch pro without a data plan. Any smart phone manufactured after a certain date requires a data plan for use. It's a BS verizon rule and just another way to steal your money, but that's their policy now.

Gelladuga69 12-21-2009 10:34 AM

I know this also happened with AT&T.
October 1st or something, they would not activate the Fuze without a data plan.

killerdoberman 12-21-2009 02:59 PM

It's because V use to have tons of problems with people using the data, getting a $1000+ bill, and then refuse to pay it. Mostly customer service time, etc. This makes life easier for the majority, but makes us who use the wi-fi pay for those who don't.

dinowarecomputers 12-21-2009 06:37 PM

yea...ive got the touch pro and i fought and fought and they just will not do it. What i would do if i were you is get a super old verizon phone and clone the esn of it. Thats what i did back in the day....

Relic 12-21-2009 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killerdoberman (Post 1429075)
It's because V use to have tons of problems with people using the data, getting a $1000+ bill, and then refuse to pay it. Mostly customer service time, etc. This makes life easier for the majority, but makes us who use the wi-fi pay for those who don't.

Yup your right!
The issue was that a lot of users would choose "pay as you go" data plan. Than like you said rack up the bill to 1000+.

So its these people out there that screws it up for everyone. But at the same time these same people would also be the 1st to bitch to verizon about the required data plan.

Mylt1 12-27-2009 02:20 PM

as of nov last year is was VZn policy that if you purchase a smartphone you HAVE to get the data plan. i had a 6800 and didnt have data on it. never used data on the 6800 and pointed that out when i wanted to order the TP but after talking to several CS reps and even a couple of supervisors they would not sell the phone without the data plan. you can try and fight all you want but they will NOT budge on it.

JTPaintball 04-01-2010 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinowarecomputers (Post 1429589)
yea...ive got the touch pro and i fought and fought and they just will not do it. What i would do if i were you is get a super old verizon phone and clone the esn of it. Thats what i did back in the day....

can you point me in the direction to find the info to do this? I have an HTC touch for verizon and they wont let me put it on without a data plan:/ I hope someone is willing to help:)

austin420 04-01-2010 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTPaintball (Post 1674421)
can you point me in the direction to find the info to do this? I have an HTC touch for verizon and they wont let me put it on without a data plan:/ I hope someone is willing to help:)

hell of a thread resurection. 3 months old???
anyway, esn cloning is highly illegal. typicaly not even discussed on this site.