PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2009, 11:02 PM
BfA
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

BfA is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Did I BRICK My Phone? Help Loading SPL Please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by num5kull27 View Post
my bad i should have said on the touch pro not the computer
Aww you had me excited there for a second. I can't even get it loaded back to stock at all so I can't even boot. Thanks for the help anyway.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SGH-T959D leaked 'Official' froyo

Rabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuff

If you have one, try flashing from the MicroSD card. I had some issues unlocking from Win7, but I have a WinXP box kicking around too.

ROM: DarkRoot
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:34 PM
BfA
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

BfA is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid_Gypsy View Post
If you have one, try flashing from the MicroSD card. I had some issues unlocking from Win7, but I have a WinXP box kicking around too.
Any idea how to load from the MicroSD card if I don't have a memory card reader? I normally used the phone to transfer files to it when it was loaded. I happen to have an extra XP computer around. I'll try on that.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:13 AM
BfA
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

BfA is a n00b
Re: Did I BRICK My Phone? Help Loading SPL Please! [STILL Not Working]

Just tried loading both the SPL Unlocker and Energy's latest ROM from Windows XP and neither of them worked. EXACT same errors as when trying to attempt from Windows 7.

I'm wondering that since the load file progress screen appears on the phone why I'm getting a communication error? Does this have to do with the Diamond unlocker having things on different settings and that's screwing it up?

Any help would really be appreciated as I'd like to NOT have a $400 brick on my hands! Thanks for any new info!
Old 12-21-2009, 05:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SGH-T959D leaked 'Official' froyo

Rabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuff

Any custom ROM will not load until the unlocker has run to completion.

Without a card reader, you'd need another device that you could load the card into and then once you've got the file transferred over, swap it into the phone. If you have a SD card reader and your microSD card isn't SDHC (4GB or higher), I could mail you an extra MicroSD-to-SD adapter, I live in Edmonton and could get it off to you Monday or Tuesday, PM me if that would work for you.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:24 PM
BfA
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

BfA is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid_Gypsy View Post
Any custom ROM will not load until the unlocker has run to completion.

Without a card reader, you'd need another device that you could load the card into and then once you've got the file transferred over, swap it into the phone. If you have a SD card reader and your microSD card isn't SDHC (4GB or higher), I could mail you an extra MicroSD-to-SD adapter, I live in Edmonton and could get it off to you Monday or Tuesday, PM me if that would work for you.
Hey thanks for the info? My main question is though can I format the SD card to be like a boot-cd? Because when the phone turns on all I can do is go to the security screen.

If the SD card can be booted from without needing to boot to Windows Mobile then I'll do this option.

Thanks for the offer Rabid_Gypsy on the SD adapter, but I think if it works as boot media, I'll go buy a micro sd card reader today as I need my phone up and running ASAP.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

mastahc411 is just getting started

I think you might be in some trouble here. There are two SPLs. The Hard spl, which is the one you are probably at, is the screen with the 0.37.0000 version. That is actually what you need to flash over to unlock the phone and as far as I know, you have to be at the SSPL to be able to flash it, which looks the same but will have a version of 0.25.0000, I think. To get into the SSPL manually to use the SD card, you have to be able to get into Winmo to run the exe file with the manual unlocker. Try flashing a shipped SIGNED ROM just so you can get back into winmo to run the unlocker. But the only CDMA shipped roms are for sprint and verizion, but I think the sprint one should be close enough. http://rapidshare.com/files/17615341...3_Ship.exe.zip

Run that to see if it at least gets you back into Winmo. This rom does flash the radio so it might not work. But if it does, flash the unlocker (manually always works for me, the updater never does), then reflash your custom ROM and a Telus radio, both of which can be found in the CDMA upgrades section. That should fix it as long as the sprint rom is able to be flashed on a telus TP

Last edited by mastahc411; 12-21-2009 at 03:39 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:39 PM
BfA
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

BfA is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastahc411 View Post
But if it does, flash the unlocker (manually always works for me, the updater never does), then reflash your custom ROM and a Telus radio, both of which can be found in the CDMA upgrades section. That should fix it as long as the sprint rom is able to be flashed on a telus TP
Thanks, I'll try it when I get home. I'm currently getting the 0.38 screen which I'm pretty sure means it's still locked.

Just wondering how I flash the unlocker manually so I can try it that way?
Old 12-21-2009, 06:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

mastahc411 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by BfA View Post
Thanks, I'll try it when I get home. I'm currently getting the 0.38 screen which I'm pretty sure means it's still locked.

Just wondering how I flash the unlocker manually so I can try it that way?
unlocking via the sd card is easy. put the raphimg.nbh and the sspl-manual.exe on the root of the memory card. then from file explorer (on the phone), open the sspl-manual.exe on your phone, it will go to the tricolor screen and then say something like press power to update or center button to cancel. press the power button and then the phone will soft reset. hold down the power button and the vol down button, press the reset button while still holding down the buttons. Make sure the screen says 0.37.CMONEX instead of 0.37.0000
Old 12-21-2009, 07:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: AllTel HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

DMWagner is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BfA View Post
Re-read it and saw I needed the Touch Pro unlocker so I went to that thread and downloaded it:

- ran raphael cdma hspl 037 unlocker
- got error
- asks to run recovery
- runs recovery and for current rom version says nothing
- i select update rom
- goes back to saying there was an error
I thought Tellus was GSM? They offer the iPhone which is why I thought they were GSM.

http://www.telusmobility.com/en/BC/iphones/index.shtml

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro