PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2009, 04:21 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC
Using phone through PC Speakers..?

Is there any way I can use my phone and hear it through my PC speakers? Not to listen to music but to make phone calls, since I do several conference calls daily it just gets annoying to have to hold my phone and try to write stuff and sometimes speakerphone just doesn't cut it... Searched w/ no luck, thanks...

Old 12-20-2009, 07:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: TMO

timothydonohue is just getting started
Re: Using phone through PC Speakers..?

use your headset, lol. the wired headset that comes with the phone actually works better for me than the earpiece anyway.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:57 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

no.... for music sure, just use the dongle included in the box and connect the PC speakers via 3.5mm jack and connect to dongle...music..

phon calls, no, youll be able to hear them... but your PC speakers dont have a mic for you to talk through.. connecting the speakers as stated above by me, gives same effect as a wired headset w/o a mic......

i use my phone in my car to play with the old cd player adapters)the cassette tap adaptor) works fine.. even phone calls ring on my car speakers.. no mic, means they cant hear me so i have to disconnect... this is what youll run into...

my solution for your PC calls, sign up to Google Voice if you havent, then just use the website to make your calls from your PC, as long as u have speakers and a mic, your good to go
Old 12-20-2009, 10:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 and 6900 Treo Pro
Carrier: Cricket

vetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yes just connect your phone via bluetooth. Then select which profile you would like to use from your PC.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

studentjunk is keeping up the good workstudentjunk is keeping up the good work

I say buy a bluetooth headset. I use the jabra 8040, although I can't find it anymore. The battery life has been horrible since I washed it in the laundry, but before that it was pretty good. I've heard good things about jawbone.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:41 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT
Threadstarter

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

connecting through bluetooth to pc..?? i'd need a Bluetooth enabled PC than right..?? unless i'm not understanding you correctly..??
Old 12-22-2009, 02:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

The Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetvito View Post
Yes just connect your phone via bluetooth. Then select which profile you would like to use from your PC.
+1 I've used mine that way when I have calls that I have to have multiple individuals on. You do need to have blue tooth on your laptop, but you can get a usb bluetooth fairly cheap online or at Best Buy. (That's where I got mine for $29.)

It is better to have searched and searched (and then ask) than never to have searched at all.
If my Comment helped, please hit the thanks button!
Old 12-22-2009, 01:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

alex jb is keeping up the good workalex jb is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to alex jb

I make skype calls to a group all the time using my diamond and now my touch pro, I plug the adapter thingy in and plug the 3.5mm lead I have into the adapter and into my car.
This works well, but it seems when using a data connection the TP leaves the on board mic open, when trying to do the same hardware set up the other caller can't hear me so it seems during phone calls the mic is shut off. I'm think this is because it assumes I'm using the supplied headphones with the inline mic.

I think we need to find the reg edit to leave the mic open when the adapter is plugged in... anyone?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro