PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 02:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC ouch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

lordauric is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How does the Touch Pro know the keyboard is open

I have search and could not find a good answer to this. I bought a touch pro a few months back from a private seller. I've had a few keyboard issues and in fact I am planning to open it up and repair it basd on what I have found. But I have also been having the common issue where the phone goes into landscape mode when closed.

I wish to repair this as well but I have not found a good answer to what the touch pro reads to know the key board is open. Heard it was a magnet. If that is true where is it located because I haven't seen it in any of the internal pictures I have seen.

Any help or pictures before I open it up would be a great help. Thanks in advance.

This is a great phone, just badly put together.

EDIT: Forgot to add that when it gets stuck in landscape closed if I slightly open it like a cm or so and hold it at that point I can get it back to normal. That's why I wonder if it is a magnet and the magnet is just out of place.

Last edited by lordauric; 11-30-2009 at 02:56 PM. Reason: More info
Old 11-30-2009, 03:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

deftonessss is a n00b
Re: How does the Touch Pro know the keyboard is open

I also have these two problems. The hard press space bar trick stopped working for the keyboard so now i need to find a real fix. I also have the landscape always on problem but now many rom makers are making portrait view standard so it isn't a big deal anymore. When the problem first started it would turn the screen on constantly in my pocket so i had to use a screen lock. I think the sensors are the two metal contacts in sliding rails but thats just a guess. Any info would be great thank you.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

rekphiv is becoming a great contributor

Open your phone, look at the back, In the two groves on the left and right it looks to me like there is a little metal peice, would be simple enough to have it rotate modes when the connection isnt complete (open). But I cant say for sure as I didnt build the phone, but thats where I would start first.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:22 PM
Lurker

deftonessss is a n00b

sadly i have cleaned and messed with those a lot and found no difference in outcome. I think something might be more wrong then some dirt in my phone. Those metal tabs seem like the logical part to be doing to the job.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:28 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

lordauric is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by deftonessss View Post
I also have these two problems. The hard press space bar trick stopped working for the keyboard so now i need to find a real fix. I also have the landscape always on problem but now many rom makers are making portrait view standard so it isn't a big deal anymore. When the problem first started it would turn the screen on constantly in my pocket so i had to use a screen lock. I think the sensors are the two metal contacts in sliding rails but thats just a guess. Any info would be great thank you.

I assumed this too but I have tested pushing them in with the keyboard out and got no reaction.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

almighty is a n00b

the touch pro has a magnetic sensor in the upper right end of the keyboard try using your stylus or other magnets
Old 12-01-2009, 01:19 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by almighty View Post
the touch pro has a magnetic sensor in the upper right end of the keyboard try using your stylus or other magnets

^^^^^^ And HTC magic.
or Wizardry.
Can't remember.
lol.
Almighty is correct. Have any of you tried using a case with a magnetic closure? Your phone will turn itself on or off as you slide it into the case. lol.
I miss the magnetic stylus.
p.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

lordauric is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by almighty View Post

Anyone have a picture of it's location in an opened up touch pro?
Old 12-01-2009, 10:19 PM
Lurker

deftonessss is a n00b

I've read about this magnetic sensor and i don't believe the sprint touch pro has it because the sensitivity of when the works and doesn't work is too precise. Barely adjusting my screen .5 mm will make the orientation start fluctuating between portrait and landscape.You have to be very still to get it to say on portrait, but lucky for me the new roms all revert back to portrait anyways so i this problem is less of a problem. Last i put my phone next to the magnet of my car subwoofer and nothing happened. i also tried the stylus.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You sure you dont have Gyrator installed?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro