PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2009, 02:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2
Carrier: Verizon

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wife's phone dropped in toilette - can I activate my old TP1?

Hi all,

I have a unique question, I looked around the forum for it but couldn't find an answer, plus my question might be carrier specific?

Here is what happened in a nutshell:

My wife dropped her phone in the toilette this morning, I wondered why I hadn't heard from her; and she said it will not start unless plugged into wall and then the screen shuts off - basically, it is screwed, LOL!

The BAD NEWS is, only my TP2 has insurance on it The GOOD NEWS is, before getting my TP2, I had a TP1, which I STILL have.

So... is there any way that I can somehow stop service on my wife's water-damaged phone, and activate my old TP1 for her (I have Verizon) without the need to go into the store and listen to an employee talk to me for 6 hours about trying to sell us upgrades and accessories?

Hopefully... there is some type of method to re-activate my old TP1 for her to use, there is no way I can afford a new phone for her. THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!!
August 12th... Droid-2! Still undecided; but leaning toward purchasing, as a phone to "tide" me over (according to great advice from ckeegan) until truly remarkable devices are released from Verizon fully operation on 4G networks in 2012!
Old 12-20-2009, 02:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

impulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Wife's phone dropped in toilette - can I activate my old TP1?

I'm sure that you can just call Verizon and activate it over the phone as long as it wasn't reported lost or stolen
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by impulse View Post
I'm sure that you can just call Verizon and activate it over the phone as long as it wasn't reported lost or stolen
Sounds good, I just don't want to go to the store... I went in for the first time this week, and was there for over an hour, and the salesman tried to upsell me on EVERYTHING; and to make things even more embarassing, he couldn't even figure out how to install VZ-navigator on my phone for my "Free 30 day trial," lol. I have the MightyROM on my TP2, and he had never heard of it, I love it when every cell phone salesman think each person walking through the door is a moron, and they are the all knowing wizards of smart - pathetic.

Anyway, sounds good I guess I will call them up and explain what happened - I think I'll upgrade my TP1 with the last stable MightyROM that was released for it before giving it to my wife.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evotastic

scheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm sorry to hear about another TP2 taking the plunge.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheel78 View Post
I'm sorry to hear about another TP2 taking the plunge.
She has a Motorola cell phone, thankfully, lol!

I have the TP2, but I still have my old TP1 I upgraded from, which is what I wanted to have activated for her to use, since she dropped her Moto cell phone into water today
Old 12-20-2009, 10:24 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC Touch-Pro View Post
Sounds good, I just don't want to go to the store... I went in for the first time this week, and was there for over an hour, and the salesman tried to upsell me on EVERYTHING; and to make things even more embarassing, he couldn't even figure out how to install VZ-navigator on my phone for my "Free 30 day trial," lol. I have the MightyROM on my TP2, and he had never heard of it, I love it when every cell phone salesman think each person walking through the door is a moron, and they are the all knowing wizards of smart - pathetic.

Anyway, sounds good I guess I will call them up and explain what happened - I think I'll upgrade my TP1 with the last stable MightyROM that was released for it before giving it to my wife.
any reason why you think the salesman SHOULD know what MightyROM is??? id say us hackers make up less than 20% of all smartphone users... i lose people daily who i see with WINmo devices, they have no clue what their devices can really do... and whos the moron, the salesman who didnt know what an aftermarket ROM was and couldnt put on VZNAV, or the guy who went all the way down to the store to GET VZNAV put on cuz he couldnt do it himself or didnt even know its ok to activate his old device on his wifes line... like once u buy a phone and replace it, its never usuable again or soemthing... ummm, how do we sell phones to one another if reactivating a pphone is an issue.. come on dude, think trhese questions through first

id say neither of you know what your doing, if these probs you couldnt take care of yourself.. so if hes a moron cuz you say so, then atleast call yourself one as well, since you had no clue either.. and BOTH r silly simple things

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 12-20-2009 at 10:26 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13567/1226; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

lol
Old 12-21-2009, 12:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
any reason why you think the salesman SHOULD know what MightyROM is??? id say us hackers make up less than 20% of all smartphone users... i lose people daily who i see with WINmo devices, they have no clue what their devices can really do... and whos the moron, the salesman who didnt know what an aftermarket ROM was and couldnt put on VZNAV, or the guy who went all the way down to the store to GET VZNAV put on cuz he couldnt do it himself or didnt even know its ok to activate his old device on his wifes line... like once u buy a phone and replace it, its never usuable again or soemthing... ummm, how do we sell phones to one another if reactivating a pphone is an issue.. come on dude, think trhese questions through first

id say neither of you know what your doing, if these probs you couldnt take care of yourself.. so if hes a moron cuz you say so, then atleast call yourself one as well, since you had no clue either.. and BOTH r silly simple things
You're right... I only used the word moron because I hate being up-sold for over an hour when We have things to do. I never went in for a VZ install, he basically told me he would give me a 30 day trial as I was walking out the door, he couldnt figure out WinMo 6.5 because he had never used it.

Anyway, I'm sure he is a nice guy just doing his job... I shouldn't have used the word moron, if that's what I called him.

Edit: I re-read my post, and I never referred to him as a moron, I referred to the customer (me) and his perception of us. Either way, it probably came off as arrogant and very negative, I was just frustrated and it wasn't right I guess.

Last edited by HTC Touch-Pro; 12-21-2009 at 12:09 AM.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to gimme5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
id say us hackers make up less than 20% of all smartphone users...
I'd say that's probably a very high estimate!

Quote:
and whos the moron, the salesman who didnt know [...]
He never called him a moron. He just said the salesmen think that all customers are morons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC Touch-Pro View Post

My wife dropped her phone in the toilette this morning
Just wondering: I never see "toilette" used instead of "toilet". Are you French? Do you pronounce that twah-let?

Quote:

Hopefully... there is some type of method to re-activate my old TP1 for her to use, there is no way I can afford a new phone for her. THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!!
Yeah, I'm sure you can activate your TP1 without problem as long as your ESN is clean.

MobileSpeedtest.com (yes, that's my site)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme5 View Post
I'd say that's probably a very high estimate!

He never called him a moron. He just said the salesmen think that all customers are morons.

Just wondering: I never see "toilette" used instead of "toilet". Are you French? Do you pronounce that twah-let?

Yeah, I'm sure you can activate your TP1 without problem as long as your ESN is clean.
Its snowing in the forum, that's awesome!

Toilette, LOL! Hilarious... no I'm not French, just have mini bouts of spelling comas.

What's a clean ESN?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
activation, htc, self activation service, tp1, tp2