PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Needing Advice Here (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=102465)

land2634 12-19-2009 06:02 PM

Needing Advice Here

Alright, I'm trying to help out my dad and brother here. They both have Touch Pro's on the same account. My brother's TP has been having screen issues for about a week now. Since I had a screen go out when I had one of these devices, it looked to me like the screen was going out. I told him to take it in since he has TEP. Fast forward to last night, he's getting ready to take it in, and I watch him pick up the phone, turn up his volume (he had just gotten off of work), and literally, a piece of his volume button just falls off... I'm thinking, "Great, good luck getting them to look beyond that." I go with him into the store, and they take it to the back, and sure enough, say the volume button was "customer abuse" and it would be flagged as damaged beyond repair. Oh, and they bring it out and say, "by the way, you didn't mention you had a cracked screen." One problem: it DIDN'T have a cracked screen before they took it to the back. I used the device myself to backup his contacts and whatnot. So here we are today, and my dad calls. His TP volume up button broke off as well! What are the odds? So, what can we do here? This is the same store that recently told me that my wife's Diamond had physical damage because the back battery cover had normal scratches on the camera lens area from sitting on the table, etc... I know for a fact these devices weren't abused, and in fact, the store indeed cracked the screen on my brother's device. What do I do?

Edit: Just want to be sure to mention I don't think they are asking for anything outrageous like a free upgrade. They just don't want to be required to fork over $100 when they didn't cause the issues.

mulhiny 12-19-2009 07:04 PM

Re: Needing Advice Here

I'd hate to say it, but I doubt any Corp store will look over the broken buttons..if they (your brother and dad) have been customers for a long time I think it would be worth a call to Sprint. I can't really see you getting the desired results though. Probably gonna have to fork over the $100. Sucks..

land2634 12-19-2009 07:22 PM

Yeah I figured that... Thing is it doesn't even look like they have ever been dropped or anything. The area around where the buttons broke are clean and smooth... not to mention the service and repair portion of TEP is supposed to cover "normal wear and tear"... I think pressing the volume button consists of normal useage, unless I missed the part where that was considering abusing the device. You're probably right, it just sucks.

GirlGoneGeek 12-19-2009 07:50 PM

First of all, with the rep cracking the screen while he/she was in the back, they are totally responsible for your physical damage. I'd go straight to their manager and demand it be fixed.

Second, yes anytime there are scratches on a phone, we do consider it physical damage, but at our store, we accept slight scratches, not deep ones. So there is a difference. I say someone just didn't want to help you after they made a mistake.