PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 07:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro!, Xv6800, Mogul, and xv6700
Carrier: All on Verizon (even TP)

Tpimp420 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Touch Pro Hard Reset

Hey everyone,
I was needing to hard reset my touch pro (sprint) today and I looked all over the internet for the proper how-to. Well I eventually Found out how after finding many ways that don't work. I apologize if this is posted somewhere else and I could not find it. But as a END-ALL post to this question, this is how you hard reset. Oh and NO!!! you do not have to turn off your phone first, which I have read many places. I don't know if this works on any other touch pros but I confirm working on my Sprint one.

1. Hold down Power Button (on Top), Volume down Button, and the Center keypad button (black circle on front).
2. While holding all three buttons, place your stylus in the soft reset hole and keep it pressed down in there, until the hard reset screen comes on.

EDIT:: Just tried it again, you don't need to hold the soft reset button in just press it.

There is nothing else, just two steps. Works every time for me, though it is kind of challenging. I usually hold the stylus with my teeth. lol enjoy

Hope this clears this issue up, they even have it wrong on the HTCWiki... Sad..

,Tpimp420

Last edited by Tpimp420; 01-27-2009 at 07:22 PM. Reason: stated in post
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:44 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Touch Pro Hard Reset

It works everytime for me to turn off power, hold volumedown, center circle/enter, and THEN power... no need for contorting to get the stylus in the reset hole
Old 01-27-2009, 07:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: free touch pro 2,
Carrier: sprint

crownme24 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to crownme24

all u really need to do is go. start> settings> clear storage. and thats it
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

chrnk is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpimp420 View Post
Hey everyone,
I was needing to hard reset my touch pro (sprint) today and I looked all over the internet for the proper how-to. Well I eventually Found out how after finding many ways that don't work. I apologize if this is posted somewhere else and I could not find it. But as a END-ALL post to this question, this is how you hard reset. Oh and NO!!! you do not have to turn off your phone first, which I have read many places. I don't know if this works on any other touch pros but I confirm working on my Sprint one.

1. Hold down Power Button (on Top), Volume down Button, and the Center keypad button (black circle on front).
2. While holding all three buttons, place your stylus in the soft reset hole and keep it pressed down in there, until the hard reset screen comes on.

EDIT:: Just tried it again, you don't need to hold the soft reset button in just press it.

There is nothing else, just two steps. Works every time for me, though it is kind of challenging. I usually hold the stylus with my teeth. lol enjoy

,Tpimp420

You don't need to look all over internet for this. It's right there in the phone in Touch Mobile Guide.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It is also in the Touch Pro FAQ Sticky at the top of this forum I believe?
Old 01-28-2009, 01:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Tibman is becoming a great contributor

If I hard reset will I still be able to restore all of my information via pim backup?
Old 01-28-2009, 02:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

twolane is just getting started

Quote:
Hey everyone,

,Tpimp420
I've always done a hard reset by just holding the volume down, then pressing and holding the power button, then using the stylus to hold town the soft reset button until the rainbow screen shows up. That way no need to hold the stylus in your teeth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibman View Post
If I hard reset will I still be able to restore all of my information via pim backup?
Yes you can as long as your PIM backup file is stored on your SD card. You may have to reinstall PIM backup if it's not included in the ROM you're using though. Good luck.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:13 AM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownme24 View Post
all u really need to do is go. start> settings> clear storage. and thats it
there are a few things that this method doesnt reset. I messed up a few things and went that route but only an actual hard reset corrected them.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

So is the ##RTN# option and selecting to reset from there any different from the hard reset?

Is there any reset that will remove the phone account details from the device? I've tried ##RTN# to reset a Touch Pro, but the phone account details did not get removed.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:03 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Hey everyone,
I was needing to hard reset my touch pro (sprint) today and I looked all over the internet for the proper how-to.
Did you look at the manual, on page 126, under "Hard Reset"?

Quote:
1. With the device turned off, press and hold the Volume Down and Enter keys first, and then press and hold
the Power key until you see the following message on the screen:
This operation will delete
all your personal data,
and reset all settings
to manufacturer default.
Press VolUp to restore
manufacturer default, or
press other keys to cancel.
2. Release the Volume Down, Enter, and Power keys, and then press the Volume Up key to perform the hard
reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset.
Edit: the "Enter Key" is the big round button on the front

Last edited by schettj; 01-28-2009 at 11:06 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro