PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Can't do a hard reset (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=101914)

kcaegis45 12-15-2009 11:30 PM

Can't do a hard reset

I just received the TP I purchased thru eBay. The seller said it is new and unused but I can't seem to do a hard reset .
When I press the vol down button(on the side) and the enter key (from keyboard) then the power button, I get a screen that says "SECURITY UNLOCKED" on top of the screen with the screen divided into 4 colors - red, green, blue and white.
In the red portion, it reads:
RAPH800
SPL-0.40.0000
MicroP-Herman (LED) v0C85
In the green portion it reads:
MicroP-Herman (KEY) v0685
PSOC-Paph STAGE_EVT v20
I even tried using the center button (navigation Control) instead of the keyboard enter key as the enter key but the TP just starts up.
Am I doing something wrong or the seller messed around with the TP?
If the seller did messed with it and unlocked it, how do I get it to hard reset? Thanks in advance for any help.

CovKid66 12-16-2009 12:09 AM

Re: Can't do a hard reset

Have you tried using the Clear Storage option in Settings | System? That will accomplisgh the same thing, and at least then once it's reset you can retest the hard keys to see if you can hard reset that way then.

gmfeny 12-16-2009 12:11 AM

its volume down, center key on the d-pad on the front of the phone and power button

gmfeny 12-16-2009 12:12 AM

also it always says security unlocked that doesnt mean its unlocked

kcaegis45 12-16-2009 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmfeny (Post 1416678)
its volume down, center key on the d-pad on the front of the phone and power button

I tried the vol down button (on the side), the center key on the front while holding down both of those buttons and pressing the power buton. All that happens is the TP starts back up again.

What am I doing wrong?

kcaegis45 12-16-2009 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmfeny (Post 1416681)
also it always says security unlocked that doesnt mean its unlocked

The reason I mentioned Security Unlocked is because when I pressed the vol down button (on the side) and the enter key from the physical keyboard and the power button, it is what showed up on the screen. I was looking to hard reset the TP and wanted to see the words about resetting the device. I really don't care if the device is locked or unlocked unless it was messed with when it shouldn't have. But it's nice to know it doesn't mean it's unlocked
What am I doing wrong.

kcaegis45 12-16-2009 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CovKid66 (Post 1416672)
Have you tried using the Clear Storage option in Settings | System? That will accomplisgh the same thing, and at least then once it's reset you can retest the hard keys to see if you can hard reset that way then.

I didn't know that Clear Storage option did the same as using the keys. The manual only mentioned using the keys. Thanks, I was able to reset the TP. but I can't hard reset using the keys.
What am I doing wrong? Is there something wrong with the TP?

pesanchez26 12-16-2009 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcaegis45 (Post 1416750)
I tried the vol down button (on the side), the center key on the front while holding down both of those buttons and pressing the power buton. All that happens is the TP starts back up again.

What am I doing wrong?

the phone has to be (powered off) first, then do the steps u just did.

kcaegis45 12-16-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pesanchez26 (Post 1416862)
the phone has to be (powered off) first, then do the steps u just did.

I have powered off everytime I've tried but all it does is power back on.
I've am able to reset the device using the Clear Storage option suggested by Covkidd66 (thanks).
The reason I am so concerned is that I purchased the TP thru eBay and I hope it is not defective.
I never had this problem hard resetting my Mogul or Touch.
I think I'll bring it over to a 3rd party Sprint store and see what that say.

drjonz 12-16-2009 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcaegis45 (Post 1417390)
I have powered off everytime I've tried but all it does is power back on.
I've am able to reset the device using the Clear Storage option suggested by Covkidd66 (thanks).

I bought my TP new from Alltel last May and I'm still not able to rest it by holding the buttons. I've always had to use the Clear Storage option.