PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   How can I change my TF3D theme? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=101862)

petermg 12-15-2009 05:27 PM

How can I change my TF3D theme?

From what I've read you need to use the diamond TF3D config tool.. but it won't run on my TP. Keeps saying an unexpected error occurred. Is there any other way? I've searched and read and am STILL searching and reading. Almost seems like TF3D is a bit of an enigma in this regard. Any help is greatly appreciated, even if it's just a link to a thread/post. Thank you!

khaney 12-16-2009 12:05 AM

Re: How can I change my TF3D theme?

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by petermg (Post 1415596)
From what I've read you need to use the diamond TF3D config tool.. but it won't run on my TP. Keeps saying an unexpected error occurred. Is there any other way? I've searched and read and am STILL searching and reading. Almost seems like TF3D is a bit of an enigma in this regard. Any help is greatly appreciated, even if it's just a link to a thread/post. Thank you!

run, get the error, click on "Details." You will probably see that you need NetCF3.5 (attached).

see also the attached config tools. helpful stuff if you're using stock WM 6.1. turn off TF3D, change themes, and after the reset, turn back on TF3D. Enjoy the theme changes - they kept me from biting the bullet and learning to just flash a really cool ROM for a while. Still lots of themes floating around out there. hope these help. if not, ask, i'll walk you through it.

petermg 12-16-2009 12:40 PM

Thank you! I actually do have .net 3.5 installed, but I suspect that my .net install may be corrupt (maybe a problem with the custom ROM I'm using?), MOST apps work fine with it but every time I try to uninstall and reinstall it, it throws an error, but the netcfg shows it's installed and I set it to default. Heck I have .net 1.0, 2.0, 3.5 and 3.7 installed now, trying to fix this. I will download your cabs and try them out. Thanks!

jpwhre 12-16-2009 12:58 PM

i found that nrg roms wont let me install 3.5 and it doesn't appear to be in his roms. i would like to know how to get my hands on 3.7 though. is 1.0 and 2.0 really needed if one has 3.5 or would i need to have older versions installed as well? stock sprint rom. Thanks.

Straitup27 12-16-2009 01:19 PM

after you do all that if you still get the error to run tf3d,go to your programs folder and delete the tweaks.xml file to run,the ones i have always found or used to use i would have to do that,then i found a custom tweaks to use that won't make it crash

petermg 12-16-2009 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by num5kull27 (Post 1417679)
after you do all that if you still get the error to run tf3d,go to your programs folder and delete the tweaks.xml file

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have deleted my tweaks file and STILL crashes. See my post here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99741

which no on responded to.

petermg 12-16-2009 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpwhre (Post 1417624)
is 1.0 and 2.0 really needed if one has 3.5 or would i need to have older versions installed as well? stock sprint rom. Thanks.

I doubt that 1.0 is.. but I've read that some apps still use 2.0 and even if you have 3.x installed, you will still need 2.0 for those apps to work. However, I think the majority of apps will tell you if they need a certain .net framework installed if it isn't already installed.

petermg 12-16-2009 02:56 PM

@khaney

no go man.. problem presists, as my previous post demonstrates here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99741

:(

I LOVE how everyone says "Oh hey there is only TWO reasons why dimaond TF3D config crashes, if you have a wrong registry entry, or if you haven't deleted the tweaks.xml file"

am I the ONLY ORPHAN CHILD that has a problem with it crashing WITHOUT these two reasons being the cause!? Seriously

DMWagner 12-16-2009 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petermg (Post 1417962)
I LOVE how everyone says "Oh hey there is only TWO reasons why dimaond TF3D config crashes, if you have a wrong registry entry, or if you haven't deleted the tweaks.xml file"

am I the ONLY ORPHAN CHILD that has a problem with it crashing WITHOUT these two reasons being the cause!? Seriously

I am sure everyone is sorry for trying to help you.

petermg 12-17-2009 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMWagner (Post 1418162)
I am sure everyone is sorry for trying to help you.

:bs:

Hey Einstein I wasn't referring to anyone who was trying to help me in this thread, as you can see NO ONE in this thread stated that. Try READING the thread before you post.

He who gives an answer before he hears, It is folly and shame to him.
(Proverbs 18:13 NASB)

Thanks for nothin'. (that was directed at *you*)