PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 12:14 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

Phil_00 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
flashing without unlocking??

So i've been having an issue with my phone, it says no radio adn now wont get past the touch pro screen. This is a Telus CDMA phone and has never been unlocked...is there a way to flash a new radio on the phone from the SD card? In another thread im told i can. But all i seem to be finding is instructions on unlocking then flashing via the SD card. I cant unlock the phone because as i said i cant get past the start up screen.

So i think my problem is i cant get the stock radio that is signed. From the looks of it the ones im finding the phone needs to be unlocked...for telus at least

Last edited by Phil_00; 12-15-2009 at 12:50 AM.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:44 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: flashing without unlocking??

You do need to unlock first but I think you should do everything via computer. Everything is way more streamline and all you have to do is click the RUU. Have you tried to go into the bootloader screen? The phone will bypass that main screen then go into boatloader. From there you can unlock and then go back into that to reflash a ROM/radio.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:15 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

you dont need to unlock anything... stock, offical roms you dont need to unlock for.. that why we unlock, so we can get things on our carrier dont want us to use.. offical stuff they want us to use, so no unlocking is neccessary.. you should be able to find your stock radio no problem.... but yes u can flash a radio via sd.. the reason you didnt find seperate instructions is because flashing, refers to a process.. the process is the same, whether its to flash a radio or a rom.. when u load it in bootloader it will say Radio instead of OS... flashing radios does not hard reset your device either like a new rom does..

i dunno just some words for ya
Old 12-15-2009, 11:31 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Phil_00 is a n00b

well the telus radios im finding arnt seem to be working....any other ideas??

I follow the instructions to flash from the SD card but it just hangs at Loading....nothing happens after...
Old 12-16-2009, 12:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SGH-T959D leaked 'Official' froyo

Rabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuff

Have you tried doing a hard-reset? It might be all you need to do. Power Button + Volume Down Button + Enter (Center) Button + Soft Reset (hold all until rainbow screen shows).

ROM: DarkRoot
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:45 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Phil_00 is a n00b

yeah i tried a hard reset...no go...