PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 03:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

necrophagist is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint TP White Screen after kb slideout/in

Hey all,
Recent issue I've been having (since yesterday) and soft/hard resetting and reflashing does not help. This is my second touchpro since I got it last September and it's kind of annoying going through the return process. I'm wondering if it's an unfixable hardware problem or not?

Screen goes white 80% of the time and gray checkered 20% of the time when the keyboard slides in or out. If I turn the screen on and off when I get this problem, it refreshes itself and the problem is resolved. Just annoying really. I have insurance, and I am on sprint. Should I return it and what do you think my odds are for getting a TP2?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Sprint TP White Screen after kb slideout/in

Well seeing your sig, your on a custom rom. Try flashing back to stock and see if it still does that. Also what have you installed recently? It could be an app that just doesn't play nice with others.
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:25 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

necrophagist is a n00b

Even after reflashing it still does it. This rom never gave me problems in the past, which leads me to think it's most likely some rare hardware glitch. I'm going to flash back to stock now and see if it still happens. Thanks
Old 12-09-2009, 03:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If it happens again after reflashing the stock rom then it is a hardware problem, sorry to say. Just play around with it after you flash it and install NO cabs. The odds on getting a TP2 depend on the rep you get. Just be persistent, and GOOD LUCK!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:26 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

necrophagist is a n00b

Yup, white screen of annoyance (not a WSOD) is still there after flashing to stock. I'll try taking it down to the local Sprint store when I get out of work. Thanks for helping me troubleshoot, mikejones13.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:02 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

necrophagist is a n00b

Got the phone back, same one as before. The tech replaced the entire front of the phone and even the back panel because I asked nicely, and explained how sliding mechanism was broken (as if I hadn't already said that when I first walked in). Feels like a new phone now, more or less! Back to flashing for me!

PS: I dropped major hints about wishing I could get the TP2, and that I heard it didn't have such problems like the TP1, and how this is my 3rd TP1, but the rep dismissed it all as if he was trained to, haha.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro