PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 10:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2
Carrier: Verizon

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Photo-Uploading App/Software for the TP? Thanks! :)

Hey everyone, I did a search first so don't crucify me - lol. All I could find was a great (but paid ) app for one-touch auto photo uploading from the HTC TP or any Winmo 6.1 device...

Does anyone know of any suggested programs (freeware) I could use in order to stay current on my photos, and upload to my photobucket account, and/or my facebook etc?

THANKS so much!
Old 11-06-2009, 11:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham
Re: Photo-Uploading App/Software for the TP? Thanks! :)

I used to use a service/app called ShoZu, which at the time was free and offered one touch upload of both photos and videos to lots of different sites (photobucket, facebook, even some news sites). I just checked them again and they seem to now be charging a small fee for their app ($4.99 for the Touch Pro, for example). It works very good and if I still had a need for it $4.99 is definitely worth it if you can't find a freeware alternative.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrigham View Post
I used to use a service/app called ShoZu, which at the time was free and offered one touch upload of both photos and videos to lots of different sites (photobucket, facebook, even some news sites). I just checked them again and they seem to now be charging a small fee for their app ($4.99 for the Touch Pro, for example). It works very good and if I still had a need for it $4.99 is definitely worth it if you can't find a freeware alternative.
Yeah ShoZu is the app I heard/read about a little while ago - looks very nice and very useful, which is why it's probably worth the $5 (if that's all it is?)

Although $5 won't be a blip on anyone's overall budget, I was just trying to poke around and see if there was a freeware someone developed or knows of, that offers the same, or even slightly watered down features? With all the free and open-source goodness circulating out there I assumed maybe my google skills were lacking and someone could school me

PS: Does ShoZu or anything else also support GPS Tagging for picture location? THANKS!

Last edited by HTC Touch-Pro; 11-08-2009 at 09:39 AM.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

LucJoe is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC Touch-Pro View Post
Does ShoZu [...] support GPS Tagging for picture location? THANKS! [/B]
Yes it does.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Exclamation Re: Photo-Uploading App/Software for the TP? Thanks! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucJoe View Post
Yes it does.
Excellent... I emailed the company and asked about their trial software, and they don't offer any. The response didn't mention paying for it and if unsatisfied getting money back, they just said plain and simple buy it or don't basically. Well, $5 is a small price to pay for a functional app that allows you to archive and share your photos online with one touch, but it is none the less a 'price to pay.' I simply wonder if the convenience justifies the price, because I can upload photos online using Skyfire or Opera on my Touch Pro, through hotmail or directly through photobucket, or even myspace and facebook mobile screens... so that's something I'm going to have to debate.

Don't flame me for trying to make a smart budget appeasing purchase that all comes down to $5, hahahah!!!
Old 11-09-2009, 01:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I use this to upload to certain social networking sites. It works great for facebook, haven't used the other ones.
Attached Files
File Type: cab TP2_HTC_Album_withSocialNetworking.cab (1.74 MB, 71 views) Click for barcode!

This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwhip1220 View Post
I use this to upload to certain social networking sites. It works great for facebook, haven't used the other ones.
WHOA CW, if this works its gonna make my day!

I have a 'lowly' regular TP, not the TP2, but I don't think that will matter. All I'm really concerned with are the three I use, Facebook, MySpace and Photobucket. I can pull up the pictures when I'm online next at an actual laptop and download them to my hard drive if I want to save or archive them.

THANKS... if you find out about Photobucket before I do, let me know!
Old 11-09-2009, 02:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC Touch-Pro View Post
WHOA CW, if this works its gonna make my day!

I have a 'lowly' regular TP, not the TP2, but I don't think that will matter. All I'm really concerned with are the three I use, Facebook, MySpace and Photobucket. I can pull up the pictures when I'm online next at an actual laptop and download them to my hard drive if I want to save or archive them.

THANKS... if you find out about Photobucket before I do, let me know!
When you go to install this, turn of TF3D in your Today settings, then soft reset. That's the only way to shut down HTC album completely.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwhip1220 View Post
When you go to install this, turn of TF3D in your Today settings, then soft reset. That's the only way to shut down HTC album completely.
Alright, I downloaded the .CAB and installed it to my TP without a hitch; then I went to Settings/Today/Items, and unchecked "TF3D" and did a soft reset with the hole in the bottom of the phone by the mini-usb port.

Once it turned back on, the home screen was completely blank (because I disabled the touch flo) so I went to today settings again to at least add one or two items, so it wasn't completely bare, and then I went to Programs to look and see if I could find the Uploaded program, but it wasn't listed anywhere in the list.

Did I do something out of order, or should I re-activate the Touch Flo now since it's installed? Thanks

PS: I went ahead and reactivated the TF3D, and scrolled across to Albums, and when choosing an album and selecting "menu" I am prompted with a choice within the menu list for "Upload to Facebook" (for photos only) and "Upload to YouTube" for videos only.

I think this menu item is new, the only issue is I use photobucket much more than anything, and I'd rather upload videos to photobucket, as YouTube isn't very private, and I don't want videos I upload being visible to anyone by myself, so I don't think I can use YouTube for that.

Last edited by HTC Touch-Pro; 11-09-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

I've used the HTC Album option in the past as well... I was pretty sure it only did Facebook and YouTube, which is why I suggested ShoZu earlier. I agree, $5 isn't much, but if it ends up not meeting your needs or not working correctly, it would suck to be out the $5. Nothing wrong with being budget conscious.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro