PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 11:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 1
Carrier: CricKet

KoTToN42e is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Where do you get PRL files

I am flashing my EVER frist phone.

Hello i need help!!!!

Where do you get or how do you write or what do you do to get a CRICKET OR ALL OF THEM PRL file for a HTC Touch PRO 1.

I am really having a hard time understanding what the "Cricket PRL files" are and how to get or write them. Do i need a certain one for the STATE OF COLORADO?

Also: what is the RIGHT PRL file to use for the HTC TOUCH PRO. I AM USING QPST.

Also: How do you get everything to work on the phone such as EMAIL/TEXT/MESSAGING/NAVIGATION?

thanks for all your help!

Last edited by KoTToN42e; 12-09-2009 at 11:33 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Where do you get PRL files

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoTToN42e View Post
I am flashing my EVER frist phone.

Hello i need help!!!!

Where do you get or how do you write or what do you do to get a CRICKET OR ALL OF THEM PRL file for a HTC Touch PRO 1.

I am really having a hard time understanding what the "Cricket PRL files" are and how to get or write them. Do i need a certain one for the STATE OF COLORADO?

Also: what is the RIGHT PRL file to use for the HTC TOUCH PRO. I AM USING QPST.

Also: How do you get everything to work on the phone such as EMAIL/TEXT/MESSAGING/NAVIGATION?

thanks for all your help!
PRL means Preferred Roaming List, it is basically used by your phone when it is roaming only, some say that is for the phone to do some kind of negotiation (link) between your phone and the towers that do not belong to your provider other that it allows to discover new towers (like an ID).

The PRL is carrier specific, meaning that you must get it from your carrier. For those on Sprint, there is a cab around that allows us to force the update. Otherwise, you must call CS and ask tell them you are having issues on your phone while roaming and update your PRL, they'll flag your acct and the update will be 'pushed' to your phone.

QPST is a program used to set up the phone, you should not use this since it actually has access to several sensitive areas of the phone that can actually damage (such as the radio power output).

As far as getting SMS and DATA working (which covers MMS) you could use the search function in these forums. I have seen plenty of Cricket users getting their stuff to work, for starters, look for a dcd carrier cab for cricket, that should get your DATA and MMS working and possibly SMS.

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)
Old 12-10-2009, 05:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

samrio is keeping up the good worksamrio is keeping up the good work

Regarding MMS for Cricket: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=81027
Old 12-10-2009, 05:39 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Look here for PRLs :

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1311637
Old 12-10-2009, 05:43 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Also here:

http://www.corolada.com/prl/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro