PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2009, 05:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

schoust is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro Disaster!

Ok Guy's I have a huge issue here I finally decided that I should upgrade my Touch Pro software and went ahead and screwed it all up! I followed the instructions just as they said then as it started to do it's 10 min. upload it stopped? I don't know if I hit a key by accident not sure what happened? Anyway I tried to do what they said by removing the battery when you get the Com era and now I can not reestablish communications through active sink? I tried everything! I even reloaded the drivers? Its like it has no identity? I never had a problem with active sink before this? Now I have nothing but a tri color screen please help!!!!
Thanks
Old 12-06-2009, 05:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc tp2
Carrier: sprint

jerebediah is a n00b
Re: Touch Pro Disaster!

are you having problems connecting it to your computer?
Old 12-06-2009, 05:55 PM
N00b
Carrier: Sprint

ruined is just getting started

Press and hold the power button and vol down buttons. While doing this press the reset button, wait for the unit to boot into the tricolor loding screen and release the vol/power buttons. From here reflash your phone using any of the flash utilites. (Please note, it will not be visable in active sync)
Old 12-06-2009, 06:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

schoust is a n00b

Tried it Ruined it did not work. I have the tri colored screen already up my problem appears to be the fact that the lap top and the phone can not sink to each other? Every time I connect the usb cable I get a message that the device is not recognized? I have tried to reinstall the drivers to the phone and this did not help either? How can I establish the active sink communications? I have tried to continue the flash to no avail the message keeps saying como error and will not continue? Like I said the issue seems as though it's sink related??

Last edited by schoust; 12-06-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc tp2
Carrier: sprint

jerebediah is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoust View Post
Tried it Ruined it did not work. I have the tri colored screen already up my problem appears to be the fact that the lap top and the phone can not sink to each other? Every time I connect the usb cable I get a message that the device is not recognized? I have tried to reinstall the drivers to the phone and this did not help either? How can I establish the active sink communications? I have tried to continue the flash to no avail the message keeps saying como error and will not continue? Like I said the issue seems as though it's sink related??
What OS are you using? I have had this problem where I had to actually go into Windows Mobile Device Center and disconnect previous connections. This is only if you have Windows Vista or Windows 7. Windows XP has an activesyc program...
Old 12-06-2009, 06:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SGH-T959D leaked 'Official' froyo
Carrier: Telus

Rabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuff

Try this

ROM: DarkRoot
Old 12-06-2009, 08:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

schoust is a n00b

Running WM on the Phone 6 . Guy;s not sure I said but I can not access the phone at all? All I can see is the four colors red green blue and white and have no access what so ever......
Old 12-06-2009, 08:29 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoust View Post
Running WM on the Phone 6 . Guy;s not sure I said but I can not access the phone at all? All I can see is the four colors red green blue and white and have no access what so ever......
did you actually try this method? you put the rom file on a card and the phone will flash from it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid_Gypsy View Post
Try this
Old 12-07-2009, 12:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint!

veedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to veedubguru

If you see the tri-color screen, plug it into your computer. It should switch to saying "USB" instead of "SERIAL". If it does say USB, and it's connected to your PC, you should be able to flash so long as the drivers are installed on your computer. If you have Active Sync installed, the drivers should be there. You won't actually see a connection in active sync when your phone is in bootloader mode, but your computer should still see it.

Try plugging it in while in bootloader, then try and run one of the ROM Update Utilites. (Basically flash whatever ROM you are trying to use). Your bootloader screen MUST SAY CMONEX somewhere if you are flashing one of the custom ROMs from this site. That will indicate that it was unlocked correctly.

If all else fails, try flashing the stock rom. A stock rom will flash if you aren't unlocked correctly, and at least get you back to a usable state. You can find the stock rom links in the CDMA Touch Pro Upgrades section.

ALSO: what Jerebediah mean by what version of Windows you were using, he was referring to your computer, not the phone. Reason why:
Windows XP needs Active Sync
Windows Vista & 7 needs Windows Mobile Device Center

Last edited by veedubguru; 12-07-2009 at 12:11 AM.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

schoust is a n00b

Hmm sorry Guy's I was not sure exactly what you were saying? I have Xp Pro.How do you flash to the card? I can not communicate at all with the phone? I keep getting the message that the device is not recognized know matter what I do although I can see something is there in the device manager? I have tried reloading the drivers and to no avail. How do I get the Computer to recognize the phone if it can not see that it is there? I think I understand what you are saying about flashing to the card but I think I must be able to connect to the device through active sink or I'm dead in the water?? Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro