PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SGH-T959D leaked 'Official' froyo
Carrier: Telus

Rabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Disaster!

No need to connect the phone to the computer. All you need is a microSD card and a way to connect that to your computer. Read the first post in the link I gave you before and it explains exactly how. If you have any questions about how to flash from storage, read through that thread and post there, more likely to get help in that thread.

ROM: DarkRoot
Old 12-08-2009, 07:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

schoust is a n00b

I read everything again to make sure that i did not miss anything and came up with the same exact result the device is unknown and unrecognizable?? I tried to run the new drivers and it says that windows can not find a better driver for the phone? Like I said before this thing is screwed. I did tell you guy's before that the computer just does not see the device yet it exists in the root hub of the device manager but it is unknown (no identity).
Thanks
Old 12-08-2009, 07:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work

chances are that the drivers your pc installed got messed up. try it on another pc. just to be safe, once it is recognized, load a factory default image on there.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

schoust is a n00b

How can that be I used the original disk ?
Old 12-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work

Disk?!?! You shouldnt be using a disk. The drivers to recognize the device should either already be there, or attained automatically from Windows Update the moment it detects you device was plugged in. You should never have pointed it to a disk.

Uninstall whatever you installed and point to windows update instead.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

use a blank sd card formatted to fat32 (put card in pc, press start, go to my computer and right click sd card, select format and choose fat32) using winrar on your pc find the stock rom, right click on that. select extract to (what ever the name of the rom is) and it will create a subfolder in the root folder the rom is in. find Signed_RUU.nbh in that folder and change the name to RAPHIMG (without .nbh as the file extension wont change) put the RAPHIMG file on the root of sd card (not inside any folders) and put in device. power up device, it will show tri-colored screen for split second and change to a grey screen showing that you need to press power button to flash.

Last edited by jpwhre; 12-08-2009 at 11:47 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

there is only one problem with this. His phone is not yet functional... so this only works if he has some other means of writing to the SD card. If he does not have an SD read/writer... this will not be possible. His PC is not yet recognizing the device. Once his PC does recognize the device, that process wont even be necessary since he will be able to flash it via USB.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:53 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

understandable. but since he has xp, with phone in bootloader, it will flash by starting ruu. if he can't get that working, sd card was an option.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:22 AM
calash

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

It sounds like that you forced a incompatible driver in when you should not have and now XP is stuck trying to use that driver.

Lets go over the basics:
When in Boot Loader mode the device shows up on my computer as "Microsoft USB Sync". There is no Active Sync connection and there does not need to be one when the phone is in BootLoader mode (Your Tri-Colored Screen).

If it is showing up as something other, such as the yellow "?" you can try moving it to a different USB port. This will sometimes trick XP into thinking it is a new device and load the correct drivers. The drivers should load automatic and not need any disks or assistance from you.

If that does not work you have two options for quick fixes.

1 - Use the SD card flash method noted earlier in the thread. This is very fast but requires the card to be formatted in a specific way. You will also need a way to get the files on the card.

2 - Try another computer. With the phone in BootLoader mode you may be able to do it without loading ActiveSync. If not, just install ActiveSync first, then plug the phone in. Do not try to force and drivers on it, XP will figure it out. Again, there will be no ActiveSync connection while the phone is in the BootLoader. This is normal.

No matter what method you use load the stock ROM for your device first. This way you can get back to a working state before trying to customize the device again.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dtuma1980 is keeping up the good workdtuma1980 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to dtuma1980 Send a message via MSN to dtuma1980

Use the SD flash method -

Ensure the card is formatted as specified - and copy the '*.nbh' file to the root of the Micro SD card.

When you boot to the 'tri-color' screen, it should recognize the NBH file and begin the rom'ing process.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro