PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Changing Alltel Touch Pro to Sprint (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100356)

undarated 12-06-2009 01:12 PM

Changing Alltel Touch Pro to Sprint

I saw the method of changing Sprint to Verizon and such but I could not find any information about changing an Alltel phone to Sprint. Do I need to get all the ESN/MSL etc numbers to do this then talk to a Sprint rep to get them to add this phone to my account?

Of course I will have flashed the Alltel phone to a sprint Rom and radio before. Any help is welcome.

Snoman002 12-06-2009 03:55 PM

Re: Changing Alltel Touch Pro to Sprint

I don't believe that Sprint will add any phone it didnt sell to its system. From my understanding they have a record of all ESN's that they purchased, and if you phone isn't one of those ESNs they wont add it, period.

undarated 12-06-2009 06:33 PM

If I'm not mistaken sprint sold both phones. The touch pro & touch pro 2. My question is since they both sold the same phones, is there a way to get the Verizon phone to work on Sprints network after the required hacks. The only reason I'm asking is because I can get both touch pro 1 & 2 from a friend that dropped both for the Droid. thanks for any help

whitey10tc 12-06-2009 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by undarated (Post 1391385)
If I'm not mistaken sprint sold both phones. The touch pro & touch pro 2. My question is since they both sold the same phones, is there a way to get the Verizon phone to work on Sprints network after the required hacks. The only reason I'm asking is because I can get both touch pro 1 & 2 from a friend that dropped both for the Droid. thanks for any help

At this time Sprint does not have an Open handset policy. But anything is possible.

From my experience these are some of the carriers that allow foriegn ESN's.
cricKet
Metro PCS
alltel
Verizon (takes allot of work but it can be done)
Pocket
Page Plus.
Boost Mobile (Sprint and Nextel only)

undarated 12-06-2009 10:33 PM

I understand what your saying about foriegn open ahndset policy and foriegn esn. Maybe I'm wrong but I was lead to believe that as long as the other carrier (Spint) sold the same phone that the esn wouldn't be an issue. If it wasnt for the price ($200) for both handsets, I wouldnt even be pushing it. You guys gotta admit thats its a great deal! C'mon people! Theres gotta be a way to do this!!!

hessien 12-07-2009 03:27 AM

Post hem for trade in the bargain trader section...Alltel for sprint.Since the upcoming merger/takeover of alltel by ATT, they may be doing handset swaps, since ATT is GSM and Alltel is CDMA. If the ywill do phone swaps, if you walk in with a sprint phone that is active on alltel...they would just look at you and say sorry dude...your s.o.l. I had a sprint touch pro active on alltel, did a few deals to get an alltel tp, just to cover my bases.

undarated 12-07-2009 08:44 AM

Niether phone is activated through Alltel or Vzw. The Tp is Alltel, the TP2 is VZW. I work with the guy that has both phones. He got the droid and no longer needs them. that why I was checking to see if i could get the ready for Sprint which is what I have. thanks alot