PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
bit the bullet and switched to the Hero

Well my upgrade came up and i decided to switch to the Hero and try out android. So far i'm liking it a lot. Not to knock WM, but the UI is polished and everything just WORKS. I still have my touch pro and will probably continue to read the forums and tinker with it, but the Hero is my new toy. The only thing i kinda miss is the hardware keyboard, but i think it will just take getting used to.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: bit the bullet and switched to the Hero

Well congrats, my sister got one too. I like the nice fluid interface and the big screen and I'm pretty sure soon we'll see fully customized ROMs for that phone. If WM/HTC doesn't step up their game guess what will be my next phone hehe

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)
Old 12-05-2009, 02:24 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

i have been watching (not like a hawk) but i have noticed the tp is a die-n device. HTC doesn't even have a link avail anymore for it on sprint. TP2 never hit official sprint stores. I am starting to wonder if HTC is waiting for wm7 to launch before they put out a new device and going andriod in mean time.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

acts is just getting started

well, it feels like HTC is giving mix signals. i know there was the article that just came out about all the code names inside android 2.0.1 for htc. yet, htc has stated they want to stand by winmo, but i don't see anything coming out except the HTC Touch HD2. but the touch hd2 hasn't even hit state side, so you may be right, they might be holding off until winmo 7.0 and using the touch HD2 to hold things down until then. besides, what's the point of developing a bunch of phones for 6.5 when 7.0 is right around the corner?
Old 12-05-2009, 03:18 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

IDK about "right around the corner" wm7 keeps getting pushed. as of ms from the start, it should have been released already, then word was 1stQ of 2k10. now it looks to be a full year from now. but i agree, why push 6.5 when andriod is making a big hit and wm is short coming. it's hard to sell a divice when "new and (according to developers) improved" platform is out.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint Palm Pre
Carrier: sprint

QnzMobb is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to QnzMobb

yeah the keyboard on my TP died on thanksgiving i was actually hoping they would give me a free upgrade to a hero but they just gave me another TP but they told me i am now eligible for an upgrade .. so i might end up getting a hero either way n sell the TP
Old 12-07-2009, 12:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by acts View Post
well, it feels like HTC is giving mix signals. i know there was the article that just came out about all the code names inside android 2.0.1 for htc. yet, htc has stated they want to stand by winmo, but i don't see anything coming out except the HTC Touch HD2. but the touch hd2 hasn't even hit state side, so you may be right, they might be holding off until winmo 7.0 and using the touch HD2 to hold things down until then. besides, what's the point of developing a bunch of phones for 6.5 when 7.0 is right around the corner?
WinMo and Android are currently in two different markets really. Android is hot in the consumer space fighting the iPhone and WinMo is warm in the enterprise sector fighting the BlackBerry.

It is hard to do, but you can't confuse the two markets, although there is some overlap.

WinMo 7 is supposed to bring WinMo into the consumer space too, but they haven't been shut out of the enterprise yet.
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro