PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 03:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2, Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rallynavvie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
lost notification softkey

I installed Spike's taskbar variant for my CDMA Sprint TP2 a while back because I liked the different look of it. I noticed it removed the softkey at the top that went to the Notification screen. The stock ROM seemed to use the entire space between the Quick Menu and the Start Menu as a sort of softkey to bring up the Notifications screen.

After uninstalling the taskbar the softkey did not return, it still brings up the dialogs or screens referenced by the individual icons (network status, volume, battery, etc.). I never need direct access to any of those features and I'd rather be able to quickly access the Notifications screen (as I always seem to have several going on) rather than pinpoint that little notification icon.

Anyone know how I can bring that softkey back? Maybe even run Spike's taskbar and still have that softkey function? Like I said, I don't need access to any of the screens those taskbar icons reference, just Start Menu, Notifications, and Quick Menu. Thanks!
Old 12-03-2009, 04:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: lost notification softkey

Taskbars almost always cause issues for me. You might try a different one and see if it comes back. On the other hand, I personally don't like the notifications screen. I have been looking for a way to disable it. Almost everytime I go to end a call, I get the notifications screen from where my ear pressed the soft key before the proximity sensor turned the screen off. It drives me crazy. In fact, now that you mentioned it, maybe I need to try Spike's taskbar! LOL
Does yours not show everything in the notifications screen? You said, "it still brings up the dialogs or screens referenced by the individual icons (network status, volume, battery, etc.)". Anytime I tap any of the icons on the taskbar it brings up the notifications screen and shows the status of everything. I don't get an individual status. I have a Verizon phone though. It might be different.

Last edited by tvandyck7; 12-03-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2, Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

rallynavvie is a n00b
Re: lost notification softkey

Right now the only way to bring up the Notifications screen is to wait until a notification is at the top of the screen (missed call, voicemail, etc.) and then press directly on it. Pressing the volume icon, for instance, brings up the volume screen.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2