PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   how to restore deleted home icon/app to program menu? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99893)

2kidz 12-03-2009 10:04 AM

how to restore deleted home icon/app to program menu?

ok....i was bored sunday am and was trying to clean up my BRAND NEW PHONE...in the process, i inadvertently deleted both my home icon/app as well as the office mobile icon/app...somehow, i was able to restore the office app/icon but NOT the home one....and have the sprint tp-2 and would really appreciate STEP-BY-STEP directions on how to do this and in layman's terms....thank u soooo much!!!

Yay 4 Juggs 12-03-2009 10:24 AM

Re: how to restore deleted home icon/app to program menu?

ok go into your registry and check in the manila directoy for the following key

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\ProgramLaun cher\0]
"DispName"="[[IDS_HOMETITLE]]"
"IconPath"="\\windows\\HTC\\Assets\\Images\\progra mlauncher\\Program_icon\\home_88.qtc"
"IsReadOnly"=dword:0
"Path"="\\Windows\\manila.exe"
"Command"="--switchtopage Manila://home.page"

If it isnt in there...put it in there.

2kidz 12-03-2009 11:52 AM

mr juggs....while i do thank u and appreciate your response and advice....i must say...I DONT KNOW HOW TO DO THAT ISH!!! lmao!!! just kidding but i really dont know how to do this...please break this down (even simpler) cuz i'm kinda slow....THANK YOU!!!! 8-)

Yay 4 Juggs 12-03-2009 11:55 AM

launch your reg editor or choice...open up hk local machine...go to software...then to htc...then select manila...then program launcher. from there you will see a bunch of folders listed 0-??? open up 0...verify the contents of that folder with the information i previously provided. if you dont have a regeditor im sure there is one around here you can find for free.

2kidz 12-03-2009 12:01 PM

i'm going to go find a reg editor thingy right now...i'll be right back....oh yeah, before i forget...THANK U SOOO MUCH for your time and patience...it's really appreciated because my undiagnosed tp-2 ocd is driving me crazy! :-)

Yay 4 Juggs 12-03-2009 12:02 PM

being a rom chef...i know what it's like i have been there and still frequent that side of the brain often.

2kidz 12-03-2009 12:19 PM

this is the only thing not listed.....do i need to put it in there?
"IsReadOnly"=dword:0

2kidz 12-03-2009 12:25 PM

it worked!!!! it worked!!!! thanks sooo much! ok, another question, is there any way to change the appearance of it? right now mine is the pic of a flip clock and is displaying 10:23...that is cool if i have to keep it but can it at least have the correct date/time? sorry...i know beggars cant be choosers but i already acknowledged that ocd thing! ;-)

Yay 4 Juggs 12-03-2009 01:05 PM

I dont think you can change the icon without changing the qtc file. something i have yet to do. I do know you can change the icons for other apps and such that you put in there as i have done that several times.

2kidz 12-03-2009 05:35 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

ok...how bout i just now realized that it appears that my having recovered the home icon has caused me to now lose my settings icon! soooooo NOT happy right now....any suggestions?