PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2009, 06:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Mike5150 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Animated Weather?

I'm not a huge fan of TF3D, but I'm dying to have the animated weather wallpapers, so is there any way to get animated weather wallpaper with Mobile Shell? I'm not entirely opposed to switching over to HTC Sense UI which seems very similar to mobile shell, or any other user interface that is more customizable then TF3D. I've search around, and I'm guessing the answer is no, but you people have surprised me many times in the past.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:00 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Animated Weather?

flash to 6.5 using sense, im using it and love it. sense 2.1, not 2.5.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Threadstarter

Mike5150 is just getting started

I've been looking around more, and actually I think I'm now very confused. What exactly is Sense? I thought it was the htc droid user interface, but after looking through some of the ROM's it sounds like they are referring to TF3D as Sense also. I would love a UI that is similar to Mobile Shell, but has animated weather wallpapers. Could you post a link to what you think would best suit what I'm looking for?

Thanks a ton!
Old 12-11-2009, 07:15 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike5150 View Post
I've been looking around more, and actually I think I'm now very confused. What exactly is Sense? I thought it was the htc droid user interface, but after looking through some of the ROM's it sounds like they are referring to TF3D as Sense also. I would love a UI that is similar to Mobile Shell, but has animated weather wallpapers. Could you post a link to what you think would best suit what I'm looking for?

Thanks a ton!
ok, tf3d is stock using 6.1, sense is manila(tf3d) which is from the leo, mightymike uses sense2.1 so goto his rom thread, imo, thats what you want. ill post a screenshot of my homescreen to show weather fulkscreen animation.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:20 PM
acs tester

the suns rays are animated as well as the clouds floating around.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I don't quite get the point of the "two clock" setup........

~John
Old 12-11-2009, 07:29 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I don't quite get the point of the "two clock" setup........

~John
i like the look, good enough or should i remove it? kinda like how some people dont get why you and i use wp when we have manila.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:53 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post

the suns rays are animated as well as the clouds floating around.

I think the dual clock is a nice visual change now and then. But I hate the transparent slider issues that change from rom to rom and Sense 2.1 to 2.5. Such as those overlapping slider icons. That just bugs out my eyes! Makes it look poorly designed. IMO

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 12-11-2009, 08:02 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
I think the dual clock is a nice visual change now and then. But I hate the transparent slider issues that change from rom to rom and Sense 2.1 to 2.5. Such as those overlapping slider icons. That just bugs out my eyes! Makes it look poorly designed. IMO
not sure what you mean, whats overlapping?
Old 12-11-2009, 08:04 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
not sure what you mean, whats overlapping?
Your Home(house) tab inside that slider.

I just think it's cleaner to not have it transparent then to see the double image.
Here's my slider tab and highlight effect behind the icons.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2