PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2010, 11:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

YnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
For the love of all that do not like spending money.

Hey guys... I REALLY need to figure out how to turn off roaming... I am running EnergyRom April 1rst, Cookie Edition, 6.5.5

I have it set to Home Only, I've enabled all the roaming beeps and whatnot, yet ive been charged 6 minutes of roaming calls, and yet another 6 for LONG distance roaming calls.. Is there no way to just have the phone stop itself from calling when im in roaming mode or w.e? Like simply have a dial tone that wont allow me to call/ allow calls to come in!? This is ridiculous in my opinion if it doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenscivic View Post
On a side note, I told my fiance what I was doing and she said I am officially a nerd, so I punched her in the ovaries and screamed out "Ppcgeeks ROCKS!"

Last edited by YnYng; 04-07-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:47 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff
Re: For the love of all that do not like spending money.

I thought sprint comes with free roaming. Why don't you go back to stock and see if it keeps up?

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

YnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well i have a sero 500 plan, and i get charged?
Old 04-07-2010, 11:49 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHlLLES View Post
I thought sprint comes with free roaming. Why don't you go back to stock and see if it keeps up?
my roaming is free on sprint.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Roaming is free. No clue if you have SERO why you think you're getting charged. How does what version of ROM you have to do with billing? Check your bill online you'll see Roaming is free.
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jj14x is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by YnYng View Post
Well i have a sero 500 plan, and i get charged?
The SERO 500 has domestic (US only of course) roaming included - not sure why they billed you for it...
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6875US Touch Pro 2
Carrier: USCC

skuddy is keeping up the good workskuddy is keeping up the good work

**NOTICE** this may or may not be correct. it could very well be oh so wrong.

probably a regional plan because its SERO. just a refresher on how roaming works and why a sero (sprint employee referral?) plan wouldn't allow roaming. company owns tower a, does not own tower b. company has to pay extra to use tower b because its not theirs. therefor a discounted plan (i.e. SERO) wouldn't allow for roaming because they are already discounted and.

Current Rom: MR.X 2.5 21903 + CHT 1.8.5
Old 04-07-2010, 12:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

erikdrakon is keeping up the good workerikdrakon is keeping up the good workerikdrakon is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by YnYng View Post
Hey guys... I REALLY need to figure out how to turn off roaming... I am running EnergyRom April 1rst, Cookie Edition, 6.5.5

I have it set to Home Only, I've enabled all the roaming beeps and whatnot, yet ive been charged 6 minutes of roaming calls, and yet another 6 for LONG distance roaming calls.. Is there no way to just have the phone stop itself from calling when im in roaming mode or w.e? Like simply have a dial tone that wont allow me to call/ allow calls to come in!? This is ridiculous in my opinion if it doesn't.

I'm on stock so i'm not sure if it's on your rom or not, but if you go into settings>personal>Phone>CDMA Services>roaming>Get settings.

You can set the phone to sprint only and that should stop your phone from making roaming calls and give you a notification if you are roaming. You can also set the data roam guard to not use data while roaming.

If it's not exactly like that ask in your rom thread to see how to change these settings.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yep, I get free roaming on my sero plans..... never have I been charged for roaming and I go to the mountains all the time (Continental Divide) where at times in the summer when I am out there for up to 2 weeks. My phone roams the whole time, but I never have been charged for data or calls while roaming.
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuddy View Post
**NOTICE** this may or may not be correct. it could very well be oh so wrong.

probably a regional plan because its SERO. just a refresher on how roaming works and why a sero (sprint employee referral?) plan wouldn't allow roaming. company owns tower a, does not own tower b. company has to pay extra to use tower b because its not theirs. therefor a discounted plan (i.e. SERO) wouldn't allow for roaming because they are already discounted and.
Um, what is a regional SERO plan?

...and, what?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2