PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   plz help! hardsp wit win 6.1 installed. whats next to use roms (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99849)

mellymelly 12-03-2009 12:13 AM

plz help! hardsp wit win 6.1 installed. whats next to use roms

i installed the RhodiumW-HardSP and i have win 6.1. now how do i make the roms work. In the cabs i dl and extracted i dont see any exe files

piratedninja 12-03-2009 12:31 AM

Re: plz help! hardsp wit win 6.1 installed. whats next to use roms

1st thing is you dont extract a .cab file, you simply transfer it to the phone and run the cab file from there using file explorer.

2) did you unlock your TP2? by unlock i mean did you run hard-spl
(did you follow these instructions to unlock your phone? http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93252)

3) if you properly unlocked your phone following the instructions in the link above, you can now download a cdma rom (assuming you are still with sprint) and run the exe (probably named "Custom_RUU.exe" or something along those lines)

and just follow the instructions on the screen and next thing you know you will have a new rom on your TP2

enjoy

mellymelly 12-27-2009 03:37 AM

thanks for the help. I will try this out

miguel11691 12-27-2009 04:53 AM

Good luck bro... this is a great phone once u starting installing custom roms to it and off that awful 6.1

zoomi 12-27-2009 05:53 AM

Hello,
I am living in Saudi Arabia, I purchased online Brand new Sprint unlocked HTC Touch Pro 2. I inserted my local GSM SIM card & it is working okay. Still I want following things;

1) Arabic ROM so that I can install Arabic Language.
2) GCC GPS Navigator instead of Sprint Navigator.
3) Handfree activiation error keeps appearing on device starts.

I tried to update ROM_for_Arabic from different sites. HTC website showing Invalid serial number for country SA as device is Sprint US serial number. Don't know what to do? Do I need New ROM? Is there any universal ROM enabling GPS.

Do you know any GPS Navigator software for Middle East/GCC countries?

mellymelly 12-27-2009 03:42 PM

how do i get the win 6.5 for my american phone

Noir 12-27-2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoomi (Post 1439675)
Hello,
I am living in Saudi Arabia, I purchased online Brand new Sprint unlocked HTC Touch Pro 2. I inserted my local GSM SIM card & it is working okay. Still I want following things;

1) Arabic ROM so that I can install Arabic Language.
2) GCC GPS Navigator instead of Sprint Navigator.
3) Handfree activiation error keeps appearing on device starts.

I tried to update ROM_for_Arabic from different sites. HTC website showing Invalid serial number for country SA as device is Sprint US serial number. Don't know what to do? Do I need New ROM? Is there any universal ROM enabling GPS.

Do you know any GPS Navigator software for Middle East/GCC countries?

I'd dump the rom in ervius vk and make a custom rom based on the files ripped for the saudi arabia rom...that's just me though
its a hassle but it should work well though I don't know the language localization files =/

zoomi 12-27-2009 05:23 PM

Noir,

where I can find custom ROM.

Just few mins back a new issue happened, I tried to install Arabic language soft from one of website. after installing, my PDA restart and since than blank screen is appearing. I pressed reset button restart several time but nothing happening. Just white lights of buttons are appearing....

I dont know what I did? thank you in advance to help.

Noir 12-27-2009 05:45 PM

hard reset the phone (sprint I assume)
Quote:

With the device turned off, press and hold the TALK/SEND, END and POWER buttons until you see a message on the screen. Release the TALK/SEND, END and POWER buttons. Press the VOLUME UP button to perform the hard reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset. Once the restore screen appears press Volume Up to restore the device to its factory settings or any other button to cancel. Once complete press Volume Up to reboot.
that should revert settings
from there if your device isn't hardspl I would head on over to the upgrades forum to hardspl the device so you can flash custom roms.
There is a 6.1 nbh file repository
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91940
and finally you can strip the nbh and add it into an ervius visual kitchen. From there you can port language files from a different system - it seems tedious yes but not all that bad...

zoomi 12-27-2009 05:55 PM

I have sprint unlocked tp2. does default factory setting will lock it again. if yes, sure I don't want that..