PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2009, 11:05 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone through car speakers via AUX...

Just wanted to put it out there, if you have an aftermarket radio (Pioneer, Alpine, etc...) that has a data port (Pioneer has IP-Bus, Alpine has AI-Net, I don't know of other brands), you can get an adapter for data port to rca, then adapter from rca to 3.5mm, then you can use your car speakers!

Now if your radio already has bluetooth or a 3.5mm jack, then you're good to go, but just so you know since the TP2 has a 3.5mm jack.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:15 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Phone through car speakers via AUX...

only problem i have with AUX is that the AUX sound is very low. I need to crank up my speakers to hear the music. Also when incoming call comes in, it comes in @ full blast. horribly annoying

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)
Old 12-02-2009, 11:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

nomaxtech is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to nomaxtech

My '08 Grand Caravan stock radio has a 3.5mm AUX input, been using it since I got the phone when it was released. The voice on the other end is nice and loud and claims they don't hear any feedback. I usually set my phone on the center console between the seats. Music is loud too. Sometimes I set Voice Command to read my texts when I'm on a long drive.

Way cool.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: (1) HTC Touch Pro 2 / (2) HTC Touch Pros

done12many2 is a n00b

I use the 3.5 mm output on my TP2 tied into my 3.5 input on my Pontiac G8 and it works flawlessly. Both music and phone conversations sound perfect.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:11 AM
KrisK91

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomaxtech View Post
My '08 Grand Caravan stock radio has a 3.5mm AUX input, been using it since I got the phone when it was released. The voice on the other end is nice and loud and claims they don't hear any feedback. I usually set my phone on the center console between the seats. Music is loud too. Sometimes I set Voice Command to read my texts when I'm on a long drive.

Way cool.
how do you do that?
Old 12-03-2009, 12:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid View Post
only problem i have with AUX is that the AUX sound is very low. I need to crank up my speakers to hear the music. Also when incoming call comes in, it comes in @ full blast. horribly annoying
what app are u using to listen to music? do u have the system vol all the way up? and if your using windows media player do you have the volume on 100%?
Old 12-03-2009, 01:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Did anyone notice that the TP1 could be plugged into a deck with usb support and you could hit disk drive mode on the phone and the deck could read the tunes off your memory card..now the tp2 doesn't?

ghey.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid 2

xenokira is becoming a great contributor

I have an auxiliary input on my Kenwood stereo to which I connect my TP2. Initially, I did this for listening to music. It's actually kind of nice to be able to have calls routed through the speaker system and to just use the built-in mic on the phone. With the exception of one or two individual calls, the person on the other end says it sounds great.

Now I just need to try and find a more finger-friendly Windows Media Player skin.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

aj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ok so lemmie get this straight: You plug in your phone thru the aux port and you can talk on it? Reason why Im asking is because I have the aux port for my MP3 player built into my 08' Milan that I now use for my TP2. I only played music on it since, to my knowledge, talking thru the speakers using the phone's mic to talk on, was something I couldn't do. However, if talking thru that is possible, I will ditch my BT since the only time I used it was when I was driving.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:42 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Threadstarter

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj48198 View Post
Ok so lemmie get this straight: You plug in your phone thru the aux port and you can talk on it? Reason why Im asking is because I have the aux port for my MP3 player built into my 08' Milan that I now use for my TP2. I only played music on it since, to my knowledge, talking thru the speakers using the phone's mic to talk on, was something I couldn't do. However, if talking thru that is possible, I will ditch my BT since the only time I used it was when I was driving.
Yea, you use your phones mic, and cars speakers. It actually sound clear (my friend does it when I talk to him).
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2