PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2010, 09:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 1
Carrier: US Cellular

drewski67 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Phone through car speakers via AUX...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCPhoto View Post
What is the specific adapter that is plugged into the mini-usb port of the Phone? In my setup, I use the HTC adapter, and I plug my external microphone into this. If your phone thinks the USB adapter is a headset adapter, it will be 'expecting' the external microphone (which it appears you don't have) will be in use, so it turns off the phone's internal microphone. That's my best guess, anyway (assuming you're certain that the phone's microphone isn't working).

On my TP2, when this is set-up, in the notification area, there is an icon for headset, confirming that it is not using the phone's mic, and expects the external mic to be in use. Does the TP1 have a similar notification?

What if you just attach the 3.5mm audio cable between the phone and car? That should port the sound out, and I would think that the microphone would still work (although you wouldn't have a power source that way).

Let us know.
Oops - my bad. Didn't notice I was on the TP2 forum...
Old 05-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: Verizon

DLCPhoto is keeping up the good workDLCPhoto is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewski67 View Post
Oops - my bad. Didn't notice I was on the TP2 forum...
On the HTC adapter, I plug in the $6.99 device I mention in my post above:

http://www.google.com/products/catal...wAg#ps-sellers

This is the microphone, which plugs into the 3.5mm port on the HTC adapter; the 3.5mm audio cable from the car then plugs into this device. Look at the picture in the link above and you'll see what I mean.

I suspect this will work with your TP1, but can't say for certain.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

I have RCA Aux inputs on my aftermarket Deck. (JVC Bongiovoni) and it has level adjustments for the inputs. I had been setting the phone vol to max and then going about twice as high as I usually do with the radio voume bu that can be a real PITA when you change from one source to another. Adjusting the line in levels helped a lot.

On a side note, I also use my Samsung Q1 Ultra UMPC with a touchscreen as my carputer. I hook it in to the same line ins and control all my media through it. I use a "front end" called Centrafuse and can do all kinds of cool stuff. One of the cool things about it is tethering my TP to my Samsung and being able to have internet access on the samsung in my car (not that I surf while I'm driving).

David
Old 05-09-2010, 03:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff

been using the speakers in the car for over a year now(started with TP(1)through HTC adapter that was included in the package with TP. Now i switched to using the radio(no cables to annoy you), just buy those radio transmitters that are pretty cheap now, i got mine on sale at Rite-Aid for less than 5 bucks. Then just tune to a frequency(just preset to one of favorites) when call is coming in or if you need to make one. Works perfect and TP2 can be anywhere even on the backseat since there are no cables and the transmiiter is about the size of wooden mathes box(small)

When you can tether for free?: D
Old 05-09-2010, 03:37 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

so just plugging my tp2 to my radio via usb and I can talk using speakerphone??? I have 3.5 and usb on the front of my pioneer stereo.
gonna try this on my way home in the morning.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 1
Carrier: US Cellular

drewski67 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCPhoto View Post
On the HTC adapter, I plug in the $6.99 device I mention in my post above:

http://www.google.com/products/catal...wAg#ps-sellers

This is the microphone, which plugs into the 3.5mm port on the HTC adapter; the 3.5mm audio cable from the car then plugs into this device. Look at the picture in the link above and you'll see what I mean.

I suspect this will work with your TP1, but can't say for certain.
Interesting! I think I will give that one a try if I don't find software/ROM solutions. Thanks for the link.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

This is my solution, modified from my mogul proclip.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mogul TP2 Proclip Modification.jpg (102.4 KB, 14 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-10-2010, 02:54 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

ok, tried to connect to my radio via usb (hub on front of my radio) and it kept saying "reading device format". gave it 15min and gave up. gonna try via a 3.5mm connector next.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2