PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 01:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

arlindemini knows their stuffarlindemini knows their stuffarlindemini knows their stuffarlindemini knows their stuffarlindemini knows their stuffarlindemini knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to arlindemini Send a message via MSN to arlindemini
Re: Phone through car speakers via AUX...

I've used it in the car with Pandora all the time, interrupted by occasional call and its not TOO loud, I've been told it sounds clearer than regular speaker as well (i.e. keeping my headphones on and holding phone)...Only drawback is some feedback when the charging cable overlaps audio cable, im sure this is standard electronic interference though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by allwires View Post
I do this too. Sometimes I also wear headphones when I am walking somewhere so I can hold it in my hands. The only problem is that for some reason the phone call volume is too loud and changing the volume doesnt change the call volume (when headphones / 3.5 mm are plugged in)

Does the microphone pick stuff up just as loud when on and off speakerphone? I'm worried that if it is not on speakerphone but in my dash it wont be as loud as when I hold it to me face.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

erockvr6 is keeping up the good workerockvr6 is keeping up the good workerockvr6 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by arlindemini View Post
TellMe works really well for both reading/composing texts vocally while you drive, combined with the diamond soft key mapping or personal button mapping (hold send key), no need to look @ ur phone and crash while driving hehe... I'll attach TellMe for ya...

PS - Run it on your phone not PC, installing to device works best
Tellme can announce your texts as you get them? how does one set this up, i couldnt figure it out
Old 12-03-2009, 06:13 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erockvr6 View Post
Tellme can announce your texts as you get them? how does one set this up, i couldnt figure it out
Actually you can do that through
start
settings
all settings
choose personal tab.
voice command
notifications button
choose your option.

p.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

nomaxtech is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to nomaxtech

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisK91 View Post
how do you do that?
Go into Settings, Personal Tab, Voice Command. Set your notification options to use the device's speaker instead of Bluetooth. Then go into the Messaging options and make sure to uncheck the "read only high priority" messages so that it will read all of them.

It's nice for the long drives, like I said, or if you work alone all day. You probably don't want to leave it on all the time otherwise everyone and their brother will know your business. (Probably how Tiger Woods got caught!)

If you have a Bluetooth earpiece you can make Voice Command read you your texts and emails (subject only) as they arrive. Just set the notification options to Bluetooth instead of device speaker.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint/Employee

c0011j is becoming a great contributor

I use the aux in my 07 Toyota Camry and it works great.

A couple things.

Make sure the phone volume is all the way up....
And use the Audio Booster, I make a custom setting to adjust the sound to how I like.

then I just control the volume from my deck. The audio booster is an awesome equalizer for my stock deck..lol

I never have voice calls coming in too loud this way. I havent used pandora but with Groovefish and WMP it is awesome. (make sure volume in WMP is all the way up too and control volume from the deck).
Old 12-04-2009, 05:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: none
Carrier: none

nospamattack is a n00b

For those of you who do not have a physicial AUX input, here http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=1247 is one option. This one is for my vw, but they have all kinds for all models. It can be a bit confusing as to which one you need, so if you are close to buying call them and have them double check you application.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:34 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospamattack View Post
For those of you who do not have a physicial AUX input, here http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=1247 is one option. This one is for my vw, but they have all kinds for all models. It can be a bit confusing as to which one you need, so if you are close to buying call them and have them double check you application.
Yea, PAC (pac-audio.com) makes factory AUX interfaces for OEM head units. too. good stuff for high quality audio and seamless factory integration). Most AUX units costs $70-ish (depending where you shop).
Old 12-04-2009, 06:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

stevecn70 is just getting started

I have both a USB port and AUX on my car stereo. When I connect through the USB it sees my music folder and can play the files. When I connect through AUX the quality isn't as good.

This is normal since through the USB, you are sending the raw DIGITAL wma/mp3 to the stereo and the stereo is playing the file directly, so much better quality. Through AUX though, the Phone is playing the file and sending an analog signal through a headphone jack, and I'm sure the output from the headphone jack isn't that great.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:10 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

I plug mine in through my Alpine stereo's AI-net port. I have an Ai-net to RCA to mini 3.5. Sound quality is as good, or better then anything else I play in that car! Volume is fine also.

I seem to recall Pocket Player being the loudest, but that was never an issue for me. As I can't turn the stereo up as loud as it can go, or I'd blow my ears out! LOL!

So for anyone with an Alpine deck with no aux. or USB input, you may still have the Ai-net port option, on the back of the deck. And it works great! No line noise, or volume issues at all.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 12-17-2009, 10:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

officethug is a n00b

i have an aux port in my car but everytime i plug in the other end to my phone...my voice command comes on and dials my last call....very annoying....i know there's a thread dedicated to this issue....has anyone solved it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2