PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   how can i retrieve my msl code for htc sprint touch pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99822)

dollaboi954 12-02-2009 09:07 PM

how can i retrieve my msl code for htc sprint touch pro 2

hey how can i retrieve my msl code for htc sprint touch pro 2. are their any working link where to download a program thats actual works problem free

kabuk1 12-02-2009 10:13 PM

Re: how can i retrieve my msl code for htc sprint touch pro 2

Google bafmsl.

jj62mtp 12-02-2009 10:25 PM

How to find your MSL: http://www.ppcgeeks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87414

jeriel05 12-02-2009 10:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dollaboi954 (Post 1381182)
hey how can i retrieve my msl code for htc sprint touch pro 2. are their any working link where to download a program thats actual works problem free

Here ya go sir

starscalling 12-02-2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jj62mtp (Post 1381366)

right:

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzztgotbagz (Post 1196205)
This is currently the only method that i know of to be avaliable for touch pro 2 and sprint....baf and getspc no longer work but this method does.

If you have a Sprint Touch Pro2 this is the only way to get your MSL other then to call sprint.
1. You need a Reg edit tool like PHM RegEdit or resco registy editor.
2. Go to HKLM\Software\HTC\ATDbgLog
3. Edit item called "Enable" and change from "0" to "1" (leave out quotes.) Save changes.
4. Exit PHM RegEdit or resco registy editor.
5. Shutdown/turnoff device.
6. Turn back on.
7. Once turned on leave running for 1 minute or longer (a log files is being created durring this time in the "\Atlog" folder.)
8. After 1 min go back into registry and set value back to "0". Make sure to save changes and exit PHM RegEdit or resco registy editor.
9. Shutdown device again and turn back on.
10. Varify that the Registry value is still set to "0", if not then repeat above steps and wait 1 min before shutting down the second time in step 9.
11. Now you should open Explorer and go to the folder "\Atlog" in the root directory of your device.
12. You shoould see a file called "ATDbg0" (the "0" may be another number like 1), if your using another file browser you may see the full file name include the "xtx" extention. This file is a text file and can be opened in Word mobile.
13. open the file and use the find feature to locate "RMSL", you should soon find a line item that includes a 6 digit number, this is your MSL code.

I tried it on mine and confirm it works without a problem. I used soft reset method holding down power and it worked fine. If you find this helpful feel free to thank me.

yeah!

dollaboi954 12-02-2009 11:40 PM

Thanks guys imma give it a try as we we speak

dollaboi954 12-02-2009 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeriel05 (Post 1381374)
Here ya go sir

Thanks Bro

BooDaddy 12-02-2009 11:54 PM

Wirelessly posted (Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:

Originally Posted by starscalling
Quote:

Originally Posted by jj62mtp (Post 1381366)

right:

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzztgotbagz (Post 1196205)
This is currently the only method that i know of to be avaliable for touch pro 2 and sprint....baf and getspc no longer work but this method does.

If you have a Sprint Touch Pro2 this is the only way to get your MSL other then to call sprint.
1. You need a Reg edit tool like PHM RegEdit or resco registy editor.
2. Go to HKLM\Software\HTC\ATDbgLog
3. Edit item called "Enable" and change from "0" to "1" (leave out quotes.) Save changes.
4. Exit PHM RegEdit or resco registy editor.
5. Shutdown/turnoff device.
6. Turn back on.
7. Once turned on leave running for 1 minute or longer (a log files is being created durring this time in the "\Atlog" folder.)
8. After 1 min go back into registry and set value back to "0". Make sure to save changes and exit PHM RegEdit or resco registy editor.
9. Shutdown device again and turn back on.
10. Varify that the Registry value is still set to "0", if not then repeat above steps and wait 1 min before shutting down the second time in step 9.
11. Now you should open Explorer and go to the folder "\Atlog" in the root directory of your device.
12. You shoould see a file called "ATDbg0" (the "0" may be another number like 1), if your using another file browser you may see the full file name include the "xtx" extention. This file is a text file and can be opened in Word mobile.
13. open the file and use the find feature to locate "RMSL", you should soon find a line item that includes a 6 digit number, this is your MSL code.

I tried it on mine and confirm it works without a problem. I used soft reset method holding down power and it worked fine. If you find this helpful feel free to thank me.

yeah!

thank ya si.

dollaboi954 12-02-2009 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeriel05 (Post 1381374)
Here ya go sir

hey i installed the file on my tp2. i runn the application but it didnt work showed an error message. "To quit. and the application requires a newer version of microsoft .Net Compact framework than the version installed on this device ":(

dollaboi954 12-02-2009 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BooDaddy (Post 1381598)
Wirelessly posted (Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

thank ya si.

imma try this out to see if it work i guess](*,)