PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Power Button Not Working (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99777)

quickstang 12-02-2009 04:02 PM

Power Button Not Working

So just all of the sudden, my power button up top stopped working. Was working fine till today.

I installed Opera Beta 2, and thought that was it, or that and a conflict with Vibro (the vibrate program) but I deleted BOTH and that wasn't it.

If I soft reset the device, I can actually press the power button, and it will turn off. But when I press it again, it wont turn back on.

I do on occasion get a sporadic moment after a soft reset where it will actually work. I just did 2 soft resets, and nothing.

Seeing how it worked fine last night, and once its on I can turn it off (but not back on) I cant see this being a software problem.

Any ideas?

Am I stuck with doing a hard reset? :(

quickstang 12-03-2009 01:49 AM

Re: Power Button Not Working

Guess no one knows the answer to my question, but alongside the power button not working, when I got home and plugged the phone into the charger, it would not charge. No light, no nothing. I was able to plug the charger in after a soft reset, and but after the screen turned off and I unplugged the phone, the LED is stuck orange. So back to the soft reset.

I then logged on to my computer, and saw I had 4 e-mails, and when I soft reset my phone, it shows nothing. Same with text messages, and I KNOW my girlfriend probably sent one or two.

So even though I could not get the power button to turn the stupid thing on, none of my emails or texts came in. I figured even with the power button not turning it on, the LED would blink if a text or e-mail came in. I was wrong. Kind of like the phone was just dead.

I did manage to do a full backup with Sprite backup, and dont care to just start deleting apps in hopes to find out the problem. I guess I could, but maybe the hard reset is just better.

I really wish I knew what caused this, but have no idea. One minute it worked, the next it didn't. Thought it was software, so deleted the program I thought was the culprit and nothing.

shadix 12-04-2009 03:35 AM

Well, I guess you don't have any other options than hard-reset.

TheBundo 12-04-2009 03:50 AM

Better do it before you run out of battery. See how things work totally stock. Then try the full Restore, and see if the problem re-appears

jsphczz 12-04-2009 09:30 AM

did you install srs wow hd?

qper 12-04-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsphczz (Post 1385461)

that's probably the issue I had that same problem after installing that cab

mp3ster 12-04-2009 11:16 AM

yep, same issue here, uninstalled SRS Wow hd, and problem solved!

relux 12-05-2009 04:47 PM

I am having the exact same issue as the OP. The phone now does not do anything. Now and then the charge light will come on but nothing else. Soft reset button does nothing. Now and then if I pull the battery I can get the vibration but nothing on screen. I left it over night and I woke up this morning and it turned on just fine to the today screen. It then died about a hour later - video got all garbeled and it locked up. Again unable to get it to turn back on...

Can not get into bootloader nor do a hard reset. Not using srs wow hd. Going to monkey with it and see if I can get anything to happen.

freebie 12-05-2009 05:38 PM

If the hard reseting doesnt work for you guys, I suggest a replacement. I was in for one of my 6 DOA replacements due to dead pixels and had a brand new, out of the box device, have the same prob. It would seem like it was working and the suddenly quit. The only way I was able to turn on the device was some kinda slide out keyboard, then remove stylus combo or something like that. Good luck and be sure to post results!:)

Viper786 12-05-2009 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsphczz (Post 1385461)

I started having the same issue after installing this. Uninstalling it fixes all problems!